Daimler Trucks North America

www.daimler-trucksnorthamerica.com
  www.daimler-trucksnorthamerica.com
There are newer employer reviews for Daimler Trucks North America

Great company with a lot of opportunities.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Daimler Trucks North America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- I've met some really great people during my time here that have been with the company for many years.
- Many opportunities available. They are very good on hiring from within, which means many opportunities for current employees (as long as your qualify). They do look favorably upon employees who desire cross-over opportunities.
- Good health benefits for both the employee and family.

Cons

- The pay seems a bit low compared to others in the industry (may just be my specific job with the company. I cannot speak for all.).
- Those some people who have been here for many years are comfortable with the way things are and can at times, be resistant to change.

Don't be resistant to change!

132 Other Employee Reviews for Daimler Trucks North America (View Most Recent)

Excellent experience for interns

I have been working at Daimler Trucks North America as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

- Nice pay to interns
    - Bunch of opportunities to have a big picture of the industry
    - People are kind
    - It's Portland

Cons

-Not too many openings as far as I know

Unorganize

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Daimler Trucks North America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Famous, Brand name company with lots of opportunity..

Cons

Rules/ standard documents were expired, and a lot of undocumented work. The management just do what they feel like using their power. A lot of people worked for a long time but they have no interest in improving the department in a way that is best for the department and the employees. Fixing things is not enough. Slacking in a way. Favoritism: if they like you or you're the relatives/friend, they will promote you. If not, they will treat you like an enemy. No consistency at work, very messy.

Please check your middle management people, make sure that they know how to operate the business. Most of them work for a long period of time for the company, bu that does not mean that they know or understand on how to improve the company. Maybe perform the "undercover boss" show to see how they actually work. Hire people with a degree, get rid of the old, unuseful employee.

There are newer employer reviews for Daimler Trucks North America