Daimler Trucks North America
www.daimler-trucksnorthamerica.com Portland, OR 5000+ Employees

Corporate Drone

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Portland, OR

ProsGood Benefits package and pay rate is in line with industry standard.

ConsI've only worked here a brief amount of time, but I'm finding that the employee's are not very friendly. I consistantly smile at everyone I pass, no one ever smiles back. In the break room no one wants to be bothered and will actually glare at you. The only place that I find friendly people are in the bathroom. WHich is just kind of creepy. I'm not sure if everyone just hates their jobs, or if they don't like new people, if they don't want to socialize with people outside of their department or if there is some other reason.
I came from a company owned and run by east Indian gentlemen so I was happy to see a group of Indian-seeming gentlemen in the break room. On several occasions I've said hi and smiled at them. They will not even say hi to me.
In my collaboration with people in a professional environment here, people will only help you if it directly benefits them. This is not a collaborative environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to eliminate the huge corporate feeling.

Great company with a lot of opportunities.

Portland, OR

I have been working at Daimler Trucks North America full-time for less than a year

Pros: - I've met some really great people during my time here that have been with the company for many years. - Many opportunities available. They… Cons: - The pay seems a bit low compared to others in the industry (may just be my specific job with the company. I cannot speak… Advice to Senior Management: Don't be resistant to change! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Excellent experience for interns

I have been working at Daimler Trucks North America as an intern for less than a year

Pros: - Nice pay to interns - Bunch of opportunities to have… Cons: -Not too many openings as far as I know More
There are newer reviews on Daimler Trucks North America.

Worked for Daimler Trucks North America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Daimler Trucks North America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Daimler Trucks North America CEO Martin Daum. All reviews posted anonymously by Daimler Trucks North America employees.