Daimler Trucks North America

There are newer employer reviews for Daimler Trucks North America

Corporate Drone

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Daimler Trucks North America full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits package and pay rate is in line with industry standard.

Cons

I've only worked here a brief amount of time, but I'm finding that the employee's are not very friendly. I consistantly smile at everyone I pass, no one ever smiles back. In the break room no one wants to be bothered and will actually glare at you. The only place that I find friendly people are in the bathroom. WHich is just kind of creepy. I'm not sure if everyone just hates their jobs, or if they don't like new people, if they don't want to socialize with people outside of their department or if there is some other reason.
I came from a company owned and run by east Indian gentlemen so I was happy to see a group of Indian-seeming gentlemen in the break room. On several occasions I've said hi and smiled at them. They will not even say hi to me.
In my collaboration with people in a professional environment here, people will only help you if it directly benefits them. This is not a collaborative environment.

Try to eliminate the huge corporate feeling.

reviews filtered by

Great company with a lot of opportunities.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Daimler Trucks North America full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- I've met some really great people during my time here that have been with the company for many years.
    - Many opportunities available. They are very good on hiring from within, which means many opportunities for current employees (as long as your qualify). They do look favorably upon employees who desire cross-over opportunities.
    - Good health benefits for both the employee and family.

Cons

- The pay seems a bit low compared to others in the industry (may just be my specific job with the company. I cannot speak for all.).
    - Those some people who have been here for many years are comfortable with the way things are and can at times, be resistant to change.

Don't be resistant to change!

2. Excellent experience for interns

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Daimler Trucks North America as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

- Nice pay to interns
    - Bunch of opportunities to have a big picture of the industry
    - People are kind
    - It's Portland

Cons

-Not too many openings as far as I know

There are newer employer reviews for Daimler Trucks North America