Daimler Trucks North America

www.daimler-trucksnorthamerica.com
Engaged Employer

Corporate Drone

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Daimler Trucks North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits package and pay rate is in line with industry standard.

Cons

I've only worked here a brief amount of time, but I'm finding that the employee's are not very friendly. I consistantly smile at everyone I pass, no one ever smiles back. In the break room no one wants to be bothered and will actually glare at you. The only place that I find friendly people are in the bathroom. WHich is just kind of creepy. I'm not sure if everyone just hates their jobs, or if they don't like new people, if they don't want to socialize with people outside of their department or if there is some other reason. I came from a company owned and run by east Indian gentlemen so I was happy to see a group of Indian-seeming gentlemen in the break room. On several occasions I've said hi and smiled at them. They will not even say hi to me. In my collaboration with people in a professional environment here, people will only help you if it directly benefits them. This is not a collaborative environment.

Advice to Management

Try to eliminate the huge corporate feeling.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Unorganize

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Daimler Trucks North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Famous, Brand name company with lots of opportunity..

Cons

Rules/ standard documents were expired, and a lot of undocumented work. The management just do what they feel like using their power. A lot of people worked for a long time but they have no interest in improving the department in a way that is best for the department and the employees. Fixing things is not enough. Slacking in a way. Favoritism: if they like you or you're the relatives/friend, they will promote you. If not, they will treat you like an enemy. No consistency at work, very messy.

Advice to Management

Please check your middle management people, make sure that they know how to operate the business. Most of them work for a long period of time for the company, bu that does not mean that they know or understand on how to improve the company. Maybe perform the "undercover boss" show to see how they actually work. Hire people with a degree, get rid of the old, unuseful employee.

2. Excellent experience for interns

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Daimler Trucks North America as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- Nice pay to interns - Bunch of opportunities to have a big picture of the industry - People are kind - It's Portland

Cons

-Not too many openings as far as I know