Daimler Trucks North America

Great Pay and Benefits, but NO Job Security

Former Employee - Truck Assembler in Cleveland, NC
Former Employee - Truck Assembler in Cleveland, NC

I worked at Daimler Trucks North America

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Able to see the results of your labor in a complete truck and able to point to a truck going down the road and tell your son..."I built that truck"

Cons

No Job Security Company built plants in Mexico to take advantage of low labor costs. Lack of communication between Senior managment and workers "ie when asked if company was building another Mexico plant...No! I am not aware of plans to build a plant in Mexico! And I should know, I'm the President! (Town Hall meeting with employees a couple short months before company announced they were building another Mexico Truck Plant) Union protects workers with bad work ethics.

Advice to Management

Communication, Communication, Communication. The American worker contributed to the companies success...but you have turned your back on the American worker to have a low wage worker build an inferior product.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

If other options exist, go elsewhere

Current Employee - Engineer in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Engineer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Daimler Trucks North America

Pros

Enjoyed working with my coworkers

Cons

- Not much room for advancement - Job placement does not take advantage of a person skillsets - Engineering management do not know how to lead employees - Amount of time spent doing actual engineering is negligible, spent more time doing data.

Advice to Management

- Communicate with your employees - Communicate with your employees - Communicate with your employees

Not a good place to work...

Current Employee - Purchasing Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Purchasing Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Daimler Trucks North America

Pros

Very little to list here. Plenty of opportunities for additional work when you do a good job?

Cons

All the pleasantries of working for the Borg. Top management is generally fat cats who are too busy defending their entitled position to make necessary changes. Trench warfare between departments. HR slowly whittles away already below market wages and benefits.

Advice to Management

Promote from within based on merit, not because of back room deals between executives. Reinvent business processes.