An ok job difficult at times but I learned alot!

Former Employee - Cashier
Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Dairy Queen

Pros

I was treated very well, as an intelligent human being as you should be. Not just another employee. If I needed to talk to my employer about and difficulties or challenges we were having he was always there with an open ear. In overall it was a great learning experience I even improved my spanish.

Cons

Besides being the only big franchise ice cream shop in a 45 mile radius, you can say we were always busy. Especially when you add a community college 100 ft away and the High School that got out at noon on Fridays (which is perfect lunch time) and what seemed like a good 80 of them would walk over, since they were a couple blocks away and didn't have a license. Dairy Queen was there spot. And thats not including our other customers. As you can see we were always steady. But thats fast food.

At our DQ our kitchen space was very limited. There was a lot of bumping. Our candy freezers at counter would go on and off. Which means we would constantly have to take the candy to the back counter. And mix back there. They were to cheap to buy new stuff, or fix important things. DQ should look into all Dairy Queens and make sure there equipment is up to date, it doesn't have to be extremely new but make the environment a little better and easier.

Other Reviews for Dairy Queen

Make friends, nice people

Former Employee - Grill Cook
    Former Employee - Grill Cook

I worked at Dairy Queen

Pros

People are so nice. Everyone is friendly.

Cons

Most of time we are too busy. If the boss still wants to cut budgets, we have no break.

Some busy shift, we really need more people.

a paycheck

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Cashier in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at Dairy Queen

Pros

the cheap staff meals, the people that you work with, the ice cream (yum - I must have gained 5 pounds that summer)

Cons

No one really cared about what we thought or needed. Management was basically the hourly staff that had stuck around the longest.

An actual manager with actual management experience would have been so much better than just internal hires. Yes, your "managers" and supervisors knew the store b/c they had all been there for so long, but there is so much more to managing a store (and people) than just knowing how to make deposits!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Dairy Queen.

Worked for Dairy Queen? Contribute to the Community!