Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dairy Queen reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dairy Queen CEO John Gainor. All reviews posted anonymously by Dairy Queen employees.
Current Employee – been working at Dairy Queen part-time for more than a year
Pros – - it can be fun to work with the other team members
- experience directly interacting with customers, coworkers, and boss
- free pop (where I worked) and discounts on all items (50% on the job, 20% off the job)
- flexible schedule (I worked around high school, sports, going to my cabin, and other things)
Cons – - always on your feet
- no official breaks, if it's slow you can go in back and relax a little but if it's busy your whole shift.. you'll have sore legs when you get home.
- if you want a raise every 200 hours you actually have to pass a test where everything weighs and looks almost perfect. After working there several years I still can't get it all right one after another like that. Also you have to pass a written test.
- Price test every year on all items
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company
2012-08-15 17:57 PDT
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.