There are newer employer reviews for Dairy Queen

Always had fun working here! :)

Former Employee - Kitchen Cook in Sauk Centre, MN
Former Employee - Kitchen Cook in Sauk Centre, MN

I worked at Dairy Queen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is a fun and easy place to work. You meet great friends while working. You can be confident that you serve delicious safe food.

Cons

The kitchen is usually warm. You can't control your coworkers moods. Pay is not the greatest. Kitchen is also small and could use remodeling.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Really enjoyed working for the company

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Mount Pleasant, MI
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Mount Pleasant, MI

I worked at Dairy Queen part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was promoted very fast and given a lot of responsibilities while working there over the two years.You also get to work with such amazing and fun people that make your job so much easier.

Cons

Had to work late and a lot while attending school. Which was my choice, It was just very difficult at times. For what I was doing I wasn't being paid well at all. I was paid a little over minimum wage my entire time and I was basically the manager of the entire store without the title.

Advice to Management

Compensate employees for the work that they put forth. I enjoyed working there and wouldn't have found another job but I do feel that I was under paid and under appreciated

2. You learn what hard, dirty work really is.

Former Employee - Cook in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Cook in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Dairy Queen part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For your first job, I would definitely choose this because it will change your definition of hard, tough, dirty work for the rest of your life. You can always look back when times are tough and say, "Well this isn't that bad compared to what I did at Dairy Queen."

Cons

You have to work in and greasy area. Even though they have a system that sucks the grease from the air, it still is pretty grimy and gross.

Advice to Management

Be more respectful of the hard, dirty work the cooks do. I know that management has certain responsibilities and tasks to do, but with the amount of dirty appliances we have to use and clean I would have expected a little more respect than what I received.