There are newer employer reviews for Dairy Queen

Good times, paid for my tuition.

Current Employee - Manager in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Manager in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Dairy Queen part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible hours and the opportunity to advance to management provided useful, real life managerial experience. Good staff and made some good friends. It is a good first job or a good job to have throughout university or college.

Cons

Some of the managers had over inflated egos and were looking to save money at the customers expense and would have power trips. Some of the customers could be rather rude and offensive at times.

Advice to Management

Consider reviewing the performance of some of the managers.

Other Employee Reviews for Dairy Queen

1. Good place to learn, Not to stay

Pros

It was my first job that I ever had and gave me plenty of experience. I even was promoted to Shift Leader.

Cons

I was paid far too little for the amount of work that was expected of me daily.

2. been working here for four years, terrible pay, terrible hours, terrible terrible.

Former Employee - Dairy Queen in Surrey, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Dairy Queen in Surrey, BC (Canada)

I worked at Dairy Queen part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-met some of my greatest friends. -got a lot of free stuff -you can have piercings/look 'alternative' -gave me a back bone when it comes to rude customers -get to yell and swear at customers without being afraid of being fired

Cons

-always getting minimun wage -terrible shifts (only get like one shift a week, despite my begging) -boss uses favouritism -crap pay -incredibly rude customers (but that could just be the area) -boss hiring too many high school kids and cutting other peoples hours -boss never listens to the needs of employees -no room to grow, supervisors only get a .25 cent raise for double the duty -just dont work at this dairy queen -too little pay for all the work we do -boss needs to be a bit more strict on flaky employees -the uniform is ugly -kids from the high school across the street are disgusting, messy and stupid -if it's a rainy day, they call you and cancel your shift, no questions asked -little training -unprofessional

Advice to Management

Please give the people who were working here the longest a raise above minimum, supervisors should be getting paid at least 12$/hr. It's ridiculous. Stop hiring so many people when you can't even give the current employees proper hours.