Dale Carnegie

Do Not Work Here

Sales (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Dale Carnegie

ProsFree Dale Carnegie Training, closed almost every holiday including between Christmas & New Year's, opportunity to work independently and learn a lot.

ConsCorporate office does not seem to have a clue as to how to market the company, and they take it out on the Sales Dept. It seems the goal of everyone in the office is to provide leads for the number one salesperson, who has been there for 13 years and was handed active accounts when he started. In two years, the Sales Dept. has gone through 9 people, and none of them (including me) met their quota. Lack of brand recognition, coupled with zero budget for marketing events, is not a good way to build new business from a salesperson's point of view. Although my immediate Manager was amazing, her boss pulled the strings and had zero people skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementDissolve the brand and start over; Buy a younger, more relevant company (MediaBistro comes to mind); Sell the company outright and get rid of your Board of Trustees, all Carnegie family members who were essentially born on third base and thought they hit a triple.

Career wise very good-learned much to use at a better firm

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Wayne, NJ

I worked at Dale Carnegie

Pros: Name Recognition Stability The ability to learn and utilize time tested philosophies. … Cons: Franchise owned lack of educational expertise in franchise ownership lack of consistency… Advice to Senior Management: Decide what you want to be. A family owned business… More

Making friends and influencing people

Performance Consultant (Current Employee)
Hauppauge, NY

I have been working at Dale Carnegie

Pros: Great culture Significant opportunity to contribute and grow Very supportive Good work/ life… Cons: Ramp up time to achieve$ success Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Dale Carnegie.

Worked for Dale Carnegie? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dale Carnegie reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dale Carnegie CEO Peter V. Handal. All reviews posted anonymously by Dale Carnegie employees.