Very frustrating.

Current Employee - Clerk II in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Clerk II in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas County full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I only work weekdays and get major holidays off. Also I get to help people with problems they do not deal with on a daily basis.

Cons

You are expected to be an expert in your field, yet there is virtually no training. No one expects the public to appreciate you, but your bosses don't show any appreciation either. I guess they have the attitude that you should be glad to have a job at all. I guess that is why some many people leave within two years.

Advice to Management

Show your employees that you appreciate all their hard work. You cannot run a government without people. The average county employee does not make a lot of money, yet we come to work everyday ready to give 110%. At least pretend to care.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Generally great place to work

Former Employee - Support Staff in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Support Staff in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dallas County full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, especially for retirement; little turnover; a lot of opportunities to move up within the court system if you are a prosecutor; flexible schedules for some support staff; friendly staff; supportive managers.

Cons

Not much room for advancement for support staff; very busy building - crowded elevators and parking lots especially on Mondays; metal detectors; political atmosphere during election years; lots of competition to get a job here; some cases are sad to hear about especially child abuse cases.

Advice to Management

Try to keep political views out of decision-making; offer training opportunities for support staff to expand their knowledge about the criminal process.

Dallas County is a good place to work

Current Employee - Probation Officer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Probation Officer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas County

Pros

The job is interesting, I am proud to represent Dallas County, communication is very good (lots of Broadcast e-mails about EVERYTHING).

Cons

The pay is average, opportunities for promotion are slim.