Dallas Independent School District

There are newer employer reviews for Dallas Independent School District

Dallas ISD Internship helped me out

Current Employee - Intern  in  Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Independent School District as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed a fairly flexible schedule that was highly conducive to conducting my research. My supervisor was extremely helpful in offering suggestions.

Cons

I worked more or less directly with my supervisor, so I never got to know most of the staff. The building was also in a terrible neighborhood.

104 Other Employee Reviews for Dallas Independent School District (View Most Recent)

Difficult Administration but Amazing Teachers

Current Employee - Teacher  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Teacher in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Independent School District full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You will work with some awesome kids who are talented and willing to learn. You will have a group of amazing teachers helping you grow and better you as a teacher.

Cons

Administration sucks! I've only heard of a handful of strong principals. Most people who are in those positions got there because they know someone who got them in the door. Principals are a dime a dozen in this district.

Let teachers do what they know how to do. If you are so concerned about your scores, listen to the teachers. What are there needs to do what is necessary and then do it.

Need much upgrading and honest introspection on ever level.

Current Employee - Elementary Teacher  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Elementary Teacher in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Dallas Independent School District full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay for urban area.

Cons

lack of consistency within school

fire the highest paid upper management, not the teachers they didn't mess up the budget...

There are newer employer reviews for Dallas Independent School District

Worked for Dallas Independent School District? Contribute to the Community!