Dana-Farber Cancer Institute

There are newer employer reviews for Dana-Farber Cancer Institute

Great Experience, Loved working there

Current Employee - Senior Clinical Research Coordinator in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Senior Clinical Research Coordinator in Boston, MA

I have been working at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are a lot of "intangibles" and you feel very rewarded at the end of the day. Great benefits, supportive teams, and family support

Cons

The pay is not the best. You often work long hours for no excess pay and there aren't really any bonuses at the end of the year.

119 Other Employee Reviews for Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (View Most Recent)

Great place to work.

Former Employee - Clinical Coordinator in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Clinical Coordinator in Boston, MA

I worked at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Employees work together to provide best possible care for patients. Great atmosphere and very mission driven. Internal training opportunities regularly offered. Fast paced but purposeful. Management acknowledges staff at all levels, organizational respect. CEO is engaged and approachable. Good benefits.

Cons

Work can be stressful due to time sensitivity and fast paced work environment. Officespace is difficult to manage as space can be an issue. Depending on the department, some doctors can be difficult personalities to work with.

Continue to recognize staff at all levels. Recognition and acknowledgment of hard works helps with moral.

Editorial Intern

Former Employee - Editorial Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Editorial Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Interning with Dana-Farber was an extremely rewarding experience. Not only are you working an environment that's helping patients and their families in extremely difficult times, but you're also working with some of the nicest people in Boston. The staff at Dana-Farber across all departments were some of the friendliest people I've every met.

As an intern, I was given great responsibility in contributing articles for the internal staff newsletter, intranet, and other external publications. The editorial team was wonderful and really made interns feel like valuable members of the department.

Cons

Sometimes the tasks as an intern could get repetitive, but usually asking my manager for more work helped alleviate that.

The internship was for course credit, so I cannot speak to compensation.

Continue to make your interns feel like part of the team! I think you all did a wonderful job with that while I was there.

There are newer employer reviews for Dana-Farber Cancer Institute