Professionals: Avoid this company at all costs

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fairport, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairport, NY

I worked at Danaher

Pros

Danaher is a global company and you gain some international exposure. There are very good and hard-working employees here that try their best to support each other, as well as customers despite the harsh working conditions.

Cons

This company consistently makes promises to clients they can't keep. It is a high pressure, thankless environment with many unsatisfied employees that are afraid of being the next to get the ax. It is a constant revolving door of people. One day they are there, the next day they are fired without regard to how long they've served the company. Expectations are completely unrealistic, and there is a culture of blame. The high volume of work and pressure promotes errors that reflect badly on you and are reported on a daily basis. There is little to no training for most of the positions, and the environment is toxic. The smart ones make a bee line to the exit door when they wise up to the situation. I advise all accomplished professionals or those looking to start their career to not waste their time with this hell hole. Heed this warning: this is not a good place to work compared to other companies in the area. Unless you are very desperate and are a glutton for punishment, don't waste your time or talent. For the engineers out there, the technology is not cutting edge and leaves much to be desired.

Treat your employees with respect and professionalism. Word gets around. The worker bees know the clients so make an effort to actually implement changes, not just talk about them. Take time to listen and learn on what the real issues are, and stop blaming individuals when the whole system is dysfunctional. It is nearly impossible to provide adequate customer service for this reason. Spend the money to improve training and boost morale so good employees actually want to work there. That revolving door will cost you sooner or later.

Other Reviews for Danaher

Danaher just bought what "use to be" a great company, Beckman Coulter.

Current Employee - My Job, IT Seems, IS to Consistently Lie to Customers  in  Brea, CA
    Current Employee - My Job, IT Seems, IS to Consistently Lie to Customers in Brea, CA

I have been working at Danaher

Pros

None to date. Complete downgrade compared to most companies. I guess you could say "its better than nothing, then again, maybe not.

Cons

Weeks after the acquisition of Beckman Coulter, they announced an 8% reduction of all employees. Even departments that are already low on personnel are losing bodies. Our benefits were cut nearly in half and the Danaher prefered medical plan is outright an insult. United Health Care, for those of you familiar with United, I dont have to explain any more.

Its obvious that Danahers intent is to squeeze Beckman Coulter for every drop its worth and do it in a very unappreciated manner. It s just a matter of time before they weed out the best employees and are left with people of the lowest morale. Within a few years the superb quality of Beckman Coulter products will be an old memory, and so will the family atmospere that filled most of our offices.

It might be a good time to really start listening to employees that have true customer knowledge and stop depending on software to tell you how to run and maintain a business. There was a time when I would have taken a paycut just to keep my job because I absolutely loved going to work everyday. It was such a respectable place to work. Its not too late to get things on the right track, treat your employees with respect, and appreciate them beyond just depositing a paycheck. Make it a company that is, just not profitable, but also a great place to work and proud to be part of. It doesnt have to be such an "us versus them" workplace environment. Employees throughout the entire United States are being turned against each other from the level of competition being pushed down upon the employees. The words "unity" and "team" are used frequently by upper management, but actions speak more than words. Happy and appreciated employees build better businesses!

Fast paced work with high expectations, no room for mistakes, and no recognition.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Radford, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radford, VA

I have been working at Danaher

Pros

Good experience early in your career. Great lean manufacturing practices. Ability to impact business from the beginning, great resume builder.

Cons

Every person is responsible for at least one and a half jobs. The expectations are unrealistic. No training. No work life balance.

Promotions from within should be from the entire business not just from a pool of MBA's. More communication across Danaher businesses.

There are newer employer reviews for Danaher.

Worked for Danaher? Contribute to the Community!