There are newer employer reviews for Danaher

Concentration Camp

Current Employee - Operations Manager
Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Danaher

Pros

Can offer above-market comp for managers, if negotiated skillfully and you're bringing in clients and/or technical experts.

Valuable tip: forget targeting long-term comp that vests over multi-year period. Go for max comp in the short-term, even if leaving sizable amount of long-term money on the table - you won't want to stick around to cash in. Had I done this I would have planned to leave even sooner.

Cons

The abrasive term in the headline is almost never referred to an employer out of respect for those who've truly suffered, but I've heard it used so many times on Danaher from employees throughout that it became a default way to describe the company.

The reviewer from 10/12/2011 hit the nail on the head. Managers make false promises of hope to employees and rules with fear. As managers we're trained to exaggerate these elements to milk every last ounce of energy from employees without paying for it. Title "raises" are common way to evade pay rewards. When managers have an issue with a direct report, even if trivial, they'll likely go on a witch hunt and build their case against that employee (e.g. 15min late twice becomes "perpetual tardiness" and unable to finish an arduous assignment given only a day prior becomes "unwilling and unable to perform essential responsibilities") so that HR can take over and apply the coup de grace. Mind you, this applies to managers as well, so your living motto becomes "to kill or be killed."

These are some elements that really turned my stomach, and made me rethink who I want to be in an environment where I am required to spend most of my waking hours. I have come to the realization that this isn't normal or temporary, and that it's something that I'll eventually look back on with profound regret. The reviews here have inspired me to come forward, as their examples are striking in their accuracy and resonance, considering how many Danaher companies there are throughout the world.

123 Other Employee Reviews for Danaher (View Most Recent)

get out what you put in

I have been working at Danaher

Pros

peers are cream of the crop. however, be ready to run a marathon. hard work and high expectations

Cons

it can be an intense place - not for everyone

stay grounded. remember to recognize when people are doing a good job. say THANK YOU

The time spent at Danaher was stressful and dissatisfying and a waste of my professional experience.

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Danaher

Pros

Despite the internal problems and poor management, there are some good, hard-working people who work for Danaher. I have maintained relationships with many of my former co-workers.

Cons

Micro-managing
    Useless reporting (Danaher is very matrix-driven without focusing on the results at all.)
    No work/life balance
    Poor management
    Questionable practices
    Unfair discipline among employees
    No emphasis on diversity

You cannot build a successful business when there is a crack in the foundation. Danaher is inherently flawed and it starts with the executive team and trickles down. There is such a huge focus on profit while sacrificing and ignoring the needs of the people. Human capital is the greatest resources any company could have.

There are newer employer reviews for Danaher

Worked for Danaher? Contribute to the Community!