Danaher
www.danaher.com Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Tighten the Screws

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Danaher

ProsThe best reason I can think of after months of reflection is that it looks favorable on a resume.

ConsThe management team drives by fear for ones job. There is little teamwork as everyone is fearful of the gentle nudge in front of the bus. Regardless of how the company has performed, there will be layoffs each year. I knew I was in trouble when on my second day of work, the admin assistant "joked" with me about her surprise to see me show up. The stress level is high and only ratchets up and the expectation of your time ( ie. your commitment to the company) is brutal if you have a family - even away from the office you were expected to respond to your blackberry. If you didn't come from a few select MBA programs, you likely were not considered upwardly mobile or a hi-pot.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere really is none because the culture is too engrained for there to be any expectation that advice would be listened to. I am sure there are sympathetic managers but they are too busy positioning themselves to worry about those who they rely on.

get out what you put in

I have been working at Danaher

Pros: peers are cream of the crop. however, be ready to… Cons: it can be an intense place - not for everyone Advice to Senior Management: stay grounded. remember to recognize when people are doing a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Concentration Camp

Operations Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Danaher

Pros: Can offer above-market comp for managers, if negotiated skillfully and you're bringing in clients and/or technical experts. Valuable tip: forget targeting long-term comp that vests over… Cons: The abrasive term in the headline is almost never referred to an employer out of respect for those who've truly suffered, but I've heard it… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Danaher.

Worked for Danaher? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Danaher reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Danaher CEO Larry Culp Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Danaher employees.