There are newer employer reviews for Danaher

Only apply in desperation

I have been working at Danaher

Pros

Exposure to complex financial transactions and work across various disciplines, although this is more of a requirement than an opportunity.

Cons

Senior management is completely oblivious to the day to day functioning of the departments. There is very little exchange of ideas up the management chain. There is absolutely no work-life balance. Management has either no time or desire to help advance the careers of the staff. It's like prison without the meals.

126 Other Employee Reviews for Danaher (View Most Recent)

Very Positive, great growth if you do a good job and manage others well; best team wins

I have been working at Danaher

Pros

Stock out performs most all other companies in sector, best example of lean Mfg outside or Toyota (I actually think we do it better since we are not making simple cars!)

Cons

Step up to the plate, be able to embrace constant change and recreating standard work, people looking for a "comfortable, lay low" job dont belong here. Strong culture, on the bus, or get off.

Keep up the good work, I think we are getting too heavy into medical since 2006 though, lets diversify.

Tighten the Screws

I worked at Danaher

Pros

The best reason I can think of after months of reflection is that it looks favorable on a resume.

Cons

The management team drives by fear for ones job. There is little teamwork as everyone is fearful of the gentle nudge in front of the bus. Regardless of how the company has performed, there will be layoffs each year. I knew I was in trouble when on my second day of work, the admin assistant "joked" with me about her surprise to see me show up. The stress level is high and only ratchets up and the expectation of your time ( ie. your commitment to the company) is brutal if you have a family - even away from the office you were expected to respond to your blackberry. If you didn't come from a few select MBA programs, you likely were not considered upwardly mobile or a hi-pot.

There really is none because the culture is too engrained for there to be any expectation that advice would be listened to. I am sure there are sympathetic managers but they are too busy positioning themselves to worry about those who they rely on.

There are newer employer reviews for Danaher