Danaher
www.danaher.com Washington, DC 5000+ Employees

Danaher is a huge bear on a mono-cycle.

Regional Sourcing (Former Employee)

I worked at Danaher full-time for more than 3 years

ProsStrong management philosophy - following Japanese Kaizen and the Toyota Way; very focus on waste elimination and policy deployment. Everyone is aligned and trained in this management philosophy.

ConsMicro-management has reached new heights. Danaher Business Systems is sometimes driving too much focus on small improvements and not leap-frogging new initiatives. Toyota production system is very good for serial production - but not effective at achieving breakthrough designs.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook beyond the immediacy of small improvements. Breakthrough improvements require change in top management focus and new policies will bring higher efficiency. Better open communications and feedback from bottom will serve well if top management is willing to listen.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

You will succeed if you like putting other people down.

I have been working at Danaher

Pros: If you like operations, you might like Danaher. Cons: Inept managers that manage by fear, not a friendly place… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Danaher DNA?

A Senior Engineering Leader (Current Employee)
New England (Jamaica)

I have been working at Danaher full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Excellent learning experience. Competitive pay. If you want to lead… Cons: If it's not, and you want to find a job that you like and can stay at for a long time, need not apply. Despite… Advice to Senior Management: Read the comments here! You treat your employees like a statistic and don't hide the fact. Forcing a furlough with 8% in sales… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Danaher.

Worked for Danaher? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Danaher reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Danaher CEO Larry Culp Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Danaher employees.