Danaher

www.danaher.com
  www.danaher.com
There are newer employer reviews for Danaher

This is the worst company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

I have been working at Danaher

Pros

I have met some good people here who I know I will have lasting friendships with. I have had the opportunity to acquire experience in a number of different aspects of my field and, in doing so, have gained very valuable insight to the kind of company and department in which I want to grow old and eventually retire from.....

Cons

....and Danaher ain't it. I have not even reached the two year mark of employment with this place and am already looking for a new job. My department is so stretched to the bare bones minimum and we are so overwhelmed with the volume of our workload, that we are having trouble focusing on what our priorities are and it is often the case where tasks and deadlines fall off our plates because our plates are way too full. In spite of this, there are no plans to add headcount. The leadership within our department is nonexistant. Yes, there is a manager, directors and a VP....yet no leadership and no one with a business plan to address the needs of the department.

Good employees are difficult to come by. You comment and wonder why retention is so low. Stop viewing us as expendable livestock! Yes your bottom line is important, but more important are the little people who help you acheive it. You can only take Lean Manufacturing so far before you're employees start looking elsewhere for a company who values them.

139 Other Employee Reviews for Danaher (View Most Recent)

The worst place I ever worked

Current Employee - Senior R&D Manager
    Current Employee - Senior R&D Manager

I have been working at Danaher

Pros

Flexible on overtime for exempt employees
    Bennifits are good

Cons

very depressing place to work
    They sell products they know are deffective
    One day you walk on water, the next you are out the door. You stay afraid because you never know when it is coming.
    There is rampant descrimination and preferential treatment of employees.
    No one is ever promoted internally.
    They will have your repolacement in place the day after you leave.

I hope they find themselves out on the street with no prospects, get exactly the fear and hopelessness they have dealt out to so many.

Good company...hard working

Former Employee - Manager in Wood Dale, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Wood Dale, IL

I worked at Danaher

Pros

The people that work there are the hardest working people.

Cons

Too much of a numbers game. More concerned with shareholders that employees and their development.

There are newer employer reviews for Danaher