There are newer employer reviews for Dannon

The below review with the glowing accolades is obviously written by one of those in the "in crowd."

Current Employee - Marketing Department  in  White Plains, NY
Current Employee - Marketing Department in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Dannon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is a lot of talent within the walls of Dannon.

Cons

High Management is very poor in most areas - communication, people skills, time management and following through on their initiatives in order to teach others.

You spent a fortune with a Leadership initiative and yet, the results remain rather disappointing. Few of your former Management Team members say hello to me when I pass them in the hallways and greet them with a nod or good morning - and despite working with one of them repeatedly for three years, he still does not know my name. That's even after the fueling at the leadership function you had. AFTER. I know this is banal and basic but there is obviously a "have" and "have not" division here at Dannon. If you are worth knowing, you are treated respectfully. If you are middle management and lower, you do not matter. The costly leadership agenda management was given last month was empowering to many but was not fulfilled once back in the Dannon office. In fact, when I asked many how it went? Responses were sheepish and did not reveal what it was they were hoping to train and instill upon the rest of us at Dannon. YOU are leaders? ACT and FOLLOW UP. No more CODE lingo just do it already! Life coaches should not be training you to act responABLE - you should be a natural at it if you are indeed the leader you are portraying yourself to be.
Also, management needs to stop booking multiple meetings at the same time and focus better on what is more important. I waited over half of a day for my appointment because someone was juggling his day to accommodate everyone else. That person is high management and needs to take control of his day because it really does trickle down. Great leaders are prompt and able to manage their time well.

115 Other Employee Reviews for Dannon (View Most Recent)

Just closed out another excellent year.

I have been working at Dannon

Pros

We just grew over 10 % last year...the high water mark for thriving business right now is 2-3% growth. We paid great bonuses and profit sharing. We have been the market share leaders in total category for months and we are closing the gaps on Greek. You can try and distract us but we are on a mission and will not be stopped...We hit $1Billion in 2007 and have our sites on $2Billion this year. The leaders of the organization just spent the better part of a week focusing on nothing but Leadership...people are re-energized and ready to win this year...TOGETHER.

Cons

As you can see from the reviews, it's a very polarizing environment....for me and hundrds of others , we wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Summer Marketing Intern

Current Employee - Summer Marketing Intern  in  White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Summer Marketing Intern in White Plains, NY

I have been working at Dannon as an intern for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture and people are great. Almost everyone is willing to help you and will explain what needs to be done. You learn so much since it's a smaller CPG where you see, hear, and do more. Plus lots of free yogurt, frozen yogurt, and Evian water to eat and drink every day.

Cons

Sometimes it's fast paced. Much of the direction comes from HQ in Paris.

Pretty good overall. Keep doing what you're doing.

There are newer employer reviews for Dannon

Worked for Dannon? Contribute to the Community!