There are newer employer reviews for Dannon

Dannon is a great place to grow and requires ambition/agility to succeed within this talented group.

Former Employee - Finance Manager  in  White Plains, NY
Former Employee - Finance Manager in White Plains, NY

I worked at Dannon full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Company Pride and camaraderie are very high. There is a true sense of ownership in the air. Dannon sees the high potential of their industry and keeps the team chasing after this goal.

Cons

Work-Life Balance is difficult to achieve in this fast paced environment. Top performers usually don't make it home by 6pm. Some managers are not able to execute the standards of Coaching and feedback during personnel reviews. HR tools are offered but with some managers it feels like they are just checking boxes on a list.

Dannon is on the right track! The relentless efforts to deliver the vision have paid off and will continue to do so. Opportunities to improve relate to finding the right work-life balance across the teams to avoid burn out and ensuring managers are consistently focused on coaching, corrective action, and feedback for the all-star as well as the underperformer.

115 Other Employee Reviews for Dannon (View Most Recent)

Nice company culture but many mistakes made b/c of fast timelines; my role had too many menial tasks...

Former Employee - Senior Research Technologist  in  White Plains, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Research Technologist in White Plains, NY

I worked at Dannon part-time for more than a year

Pros

People and company culture; benefits and bonus structure; nice office environment; new, high tech R&D facility; diverse crowd; supportive of training employees; management aims to empower employees to be autonomous, high-output workers; management hierarchy exists but people treat one another like equals/colleagues; tuition reimbursement program. Overall I enjoyed my time there and learned many things.

Cons

Located in White Plains (as opposed to an office in Manhattan); Such fast movement that many projects seemed to have mistakes and too often people were in reactionary mode instead of a type of product development that allows for more creative/innovative planning; open office space was quite distracting; Did not support my wishes to move laterally to different business roles; Marketing is not very trendy: it feels like they market to my grandmother more than to young professionals (like Chobani seems to do); Pay was fair for my work but not for work location; Poor culture of using data effectively in product development; Company seems to always be late to market with flavor trends.

I would only recommend jobs at Dannon to my colleagues on a position specific basis.

1. Identify employees with valuable skill-sets and try to retain them when they express wanting to stay, but moving to a new role.
    2. Consider being more open to providing cross-functional training to facilitate career growth by allowing employees to learn new roles.
    3. Hire more support staff to decrease resentment from low/mid-level employees who prefer not to perform menial tasks on a daily basis.
    4. Re-design the website to be competitive from a design and social media integration standpoint.

Stable positions yet ever-changing environment.

I have been working at Dannon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Stability of the job
    High health products
    Expected growth in the market
    Quick Pace

Cons

Recognition
    Few selected individuals on advancement path, rest linger
    High demand in short time frames, low appreciation for efforts
    Some positions are set for failure based on manager intervention

There are newer employer reviews for Dannon

Worked for Dannon? Contribute to the Community!