Daptiv

www.daptiv.com

Daptiv becoming a great place to work again

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsIn the last year, Daptiv has had a complete management change over. The new management is great! There is actually respect and collaboration between departments. Morale has improved and it's becoming a fun place to work again. In addition, Daptiv was recently was acquired by Parallax, which has been positive so far. The company is profitable, there seems to be much more focus, and the new owners are very interested in the business.

Additional pros:

* Engineering is revitalized and innovative again.
* A strong emphasis on quality. Engineering management wants you to be proud of what you put into production and it shows.
* Great work/life balance. It's all about the commitment to backlog, not the hours. We work hard, but management understands that we have families and responsibilities outside of work.
* Good mentoring. There are some strong developers here and a strong belief in pair programming.
* Location - In the heart of downtown Seattle. I have many commuting options.

ConsMore of an uncertainty than a con - The new leadership (Parallax) has been good so far, but I fear based on Daptiv's history, that we will become rudderless once again if we don't stay focused.

Other cons:
* A few departments within Daptiv are not embracing the new leadership
* Our HR system is horrible, though there's rumor that it will be replaced soon
* Benefits are so-so. I guess it's good for a small company, but I'm used to big company benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe new leadership from Parallax needs to communicate the direction we are heading a bit more in a concise way. Daptiv is becoming a great place again and a strong focus will solidify the company.

They're lying about being a "FUN" place.

Account Executive (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

I worked at Daptiv

Pros: You're part of the growing SaaS sector. Good sales training. Dedicated people.… Cons: Brutal sales environment. Tough product to master and to sell. Long sales cycle but little patience from management. They chewed through 42 sales reps… Advice to Senior Management: Simplify the product. Monthly pricing won't hurt in the long… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

They don't have a clue!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

I worked at Daptiv

Pros: The employees are very loyal and hard working. Very good base product. Customers are… Cons: No communications from executives and a very top-heavy company. Limited development though they tell customers they… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to employees and communicate a realistic, true plan. This is not about Jeff Pancottine. He is long gone… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Daptiv.

Worked for Daptiv? Contribute to the Community!