There are newer employer reviews for Daptiv

Daptiv becoming a great place to work again

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Daptiv

Pros

In the last year, Daptiv has had a complete management change over. The new management is great! There is actually respect and collaboration between departments. Morale has improved and it's becoming a fun place to work again. In addition, Daptiv was recently was acquired by Parallax, which has been positive so far. The company is profitable, there seems to be much more focus, and the new owners are very interested in the business.

Additional pros:

* Engineering is revitalized and innovative again.
* A strong emphasis on quality. Engineering management wants you to be proud of what you put into production and it shows.
* Great work/life balance. It's all about the commitment to backlog, not the hours. We work hard, but management understands that we have families and responsibilities outside of work.
* Good mentoring. There are some strong developers here and a strong belief in pair programming.
* Location - In the heart of downtown Seattle. I have many commuting options.

Cons

More of an uncertainty than a con - The new leadership (Parallax) has been good so far, but I fear based on Daptiv's history, that we will become rudderless once again if we don't stay focused.

Other cons:
* A few departments within Daptiv are not embracing the new leadership
* Our HR system is horrible, though there's rumor that it will be replaced soon
* Benefits are so-so. I guess it's good for a small company, but I'm used to big company benefits.

The new leadership from Parallax needs to communicate the direction we are heading a bit more in a concise way. Daptiv is becoming a great place again and a strong focus will solidify the company.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Daptiv (View Most Recent)

They're lying about being a "FUN" place.

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at Daptiv

Pros

You're part of the growing SaaS sector.
    Good sales training.
    Dedicated people. Those who survived anyway.
    Employees not in sales have a more favorable view.

Cons

Brutal sales environment.
    Tough product to master and to sell.
    Long sales cycle but little patience from management.
    They chewed through 42 sales reps over 2 years before the big layoff in 08.
    IT watches where you look online.
    All the good execs are gone. No vision remaining.

Simplify the product.
    Monthly pricing won't hurt in the long run.
    Stop looking for reasons to fire sales people.

They don't have a clue!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Daptiv

Pros

The employees are very loyal and hard working. Very good base product. Customers are so quickly immersed in the solution, they have a hard time unplugging even when they encounter issues.

Cons

No communications from executives and a very top-heavy company. Limited development though they tell customers they are working on improvements. The solution was developed by many teams and is not a cohesive solution.

Listen to employees and communicate a realistic, true plan. This is not about Jeff Pancottine. He is long gone and they have already gone through the next group of leaders. Nothing is cohesive at Daptiv: Leadership and product direction.

There are newer employer reviews for Daptiv

Worked for Daptiv? Contribute to the Community!