Darcars

www.darcars.com
There are newer employer reviews for Darcars

"You should be happy to have a job"

I have been working at Darcars

Pros

Most Co-workers are friendly, Discount on repair work, many places to transfer to if wanted, Some understanding people working in management positions. Thats about it.

Cons

High stress, Long hours, Pay, transfers without warning, heath insurance, help we needed, understaffed, way too much work without enough time to do it. You are expected to to give 1000% and you try to but you dont make what you should. On average your salary vs hours means you make about $8.00 an hour

Give your employees a reason to want to work well, give them what they need to accomplish the goals you set forth, And help them when needed.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Darcars (View Most Recent)

Overwhelminigly Disfunctional Company

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Darcars full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-The hours are sort of flexible.
    -Atleast one person out of the bunch; one manager, one finance manager, one sales consultant, one technician, has a good idea of what's going on and can pass on any helpfull advice or aid in strategy for company and or team preperity.
    -It can be a start for an entry-level sales job.
    -Casual or professional dress.
    -I wish there were more.

Cons

-No leadershp or guidance, you will have to find your own way.
    -No growth opportunities.
    -No career path.
    -Rarely hires from inside the company.
    -Expect to work entirely for free, as ther earning potential is not there.
    -Low wages for anyone outside of management and the family tree.
    -Expect to be charged for any and everything you use within the company to do your job. This includes all electronic devices, cars, licensing etc. Each year you have to pay the company $1,000 just for working there.
    -All the good repeat business is forwarded to a select group of sellers, (brown nosers or friends of management). All incoming leads are handed to this group as well.
    -The owner doesn't speak to anyone except management. You will rarely find any of the owners greeting employees or customers no matter the occasion.
    -10-12 hour shifts.
    -One day off per week.
    -No weekends off, especially Saturday.
    -Not enough incoming traffice to succeed or make a decent living. You will end up in the poor house unless you budget is $0
    -Expect the General Manager to talk down to you and consistent use of negative words and body language, such as weak, can't, no, cold shoulders, mean stares and avoidance of communication.
    -Small work areas, no way to discuss business in a confined space to get customer personal information.
    -No parking for employees, so you have to walk while managers are allowed to park by the building entrances.
    -Aggressive atmosphere, there's not enough opportunity so you will fight one another.
    -Outdated systems, processes and structure so expect to fail. It's inevitable.
    -Absolutely no benefits
    -No value in work, no incentive to work
    -No training
    -all the money you bring in, will not receive even a fraction of it the profit.
    -Lack of transparency, company will tell you what you want to hear in order to get what they need out of you, no matter what it is.
    -Not enough equipment to go around, so you will pay for things you do not have or have access to.
    -Desk are limited, so you will have to consult your customer uncomfortably in an open space, outside, in the waiting area, on the sales floor unless their willing to sit in a car and listen to your talk.
    -Constant talk about upgrades, updates and restructuring, just ignore the tales.
    -Nothing is cohesive within the company, everthing and everyone is detached into their own world and way of doing things.
    -Burnout

-Be more honest and upfront about the issues you have going on within the company and not turn a blind eye. Address them, all of them, quickly and provide a solution with will provide lasting results.
    -Take care of your employees and pay them for all of their efforts in full.
    -Be positive in everything.
    -Speak to your employees and customers.
    -Redo construct a more efficient business model
    -Invest into your company and employees.

Parts counter

Current Employee - Parts Counterman in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Parts Counterman in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Darcars full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have a job to go to every day. Employees can be nice but some tend to have grudges against the company the longer they stay.

Cons

Management likes to micro manage every aspect of our daily routine. In 5 years I have received 1 review and no increase in pay wile having more responsibility put on my plate. After asking about advancement in the company I get nothing but the run a round.

Listen to your employees. Listen to what they say and more importantly what they are not saying...let us do our jobs and pay us what we are worth.

There are newer employer reviews for Darcars