Darden
www.darden.com Orlando, FL 5000+ Employees

it's a paycheck but not a career move

Server (Current Employee)
Jacksonville, FL

Prosworking for Darden is a good experience to add to a resume as it is a respected company within the hospitality industry

Consunfortunantly it would seem the hours are very irregular, no fairness in amount of hours shared between staff, could be there for 2 hours and sent home or 12 hours without a break.

Advice to Senior Managementi think if you stopped giving shifts to those who already have another job (and have stressed over and over again that they can not work certain days and hours) and you gave shifts to the members of staff who actually want to work 40hrs a week, rather than just 16hr a week, you may retain the more committed staff, instead of them having to leave to support themselves. unfairness in hours scheduled should really be a concern for retaining your staff.

Good place to serve

Server (Former Employee)
    Columbus, OH

I worked at Darden

Pros: Good company to serve for. They care about their employees, especially their… Cons: They micro manage too much, whoever outlines the server guidlines has never… Advice to Senior Management: Try to understand what it is like to be a server.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I'm a little torn about having to leave

Server (Current Employee)
    Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Darden

Pros: College student working as a server (Olive Garden). The good totally outweighs the bad. I knew I wouldn't work here forever but… Cons: Sometimes mgmt plays favorites but if you do well at your job it's easy to get on their good side. You have to… Advice to Senior Management: Let restaurant employees corporate positions. Some of us don't… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Darden.

Worked for Darden? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Darden reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Darden CEO Clarence Otis Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Darden employees.