Darden

www.darden.com

Not a career job, but a great place to work while in school.

Server (Current Employee) Lewisville, TX

ProsThe people that work there are great, most managers care about you as a person. There are high standards, but if you do a good job for them everyone gets along well and it is a really fun place to work.

ConsThe people that come in and eat treat you terrible a lot of the time. Management doesn't understand that people come in wanting a free meal a lot of the time. There is nothing we can do to please them.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more patient with the servers. We want the guests happy because it results in better tips. Do not get upset or look down on the people that work for you. Most all of us are working to pay for school.

Good place to be

Restaurant Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Darden

Pros: Benefits growth opportunity Bonuses can be great Cons: depending on your management team can be alot of inconsistency. Hours are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Eh

Server (Current Employee) Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Darden

Pros: Depending on who the managers are, they actually care about the employees in a personal manner, but professionally it's a chain restaurant, run by people… Cons: Managers are spread very thin--each works something like 50-60 hours a week, and are extremely stressed out. District managers are unapproachable… Advice to Senior Management: Give the managers a break, hire more per restaurant. Allow your servers to split checks without manager approval.… More
There are newer reviews on Darden.

Worked for Darden? Contribute to the Community!