"Who you are matters"....Not.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Darden

Pros

Darden is a growth-oriented, principle-based company with a strong vision of where they want to be. They offer many nice benefits and perks to their employees, with a state-of-the-art corporate office building. They are very quality oriented and genuinely want to deliver on their individual brand promises to their guests. Some of the more seasoned leaders are very passionate about the people that work for them and have a strong desire to see them succeed.

Cons

In the nearly 20 years of employment with Darden, I have watched many people come and go. While they like to say they offer great opportunity for career development, the truth is that they would rather recruit from the outside. The work life balance isn't...everyone must sacrifice for the sake of business strengthening initiatives. While they have a lot of great sounding mantras, like "Who you are matters" and "What you do is important" and "Darden is a special place to be", it's hard to believe all of this after awhile...it just sounds like a bunch of propaganda.

Start valuing employees with experience in your company and give them an opportunity to learn a new skill and contribute in meaningful ways. Just because the business results aren't what you expect them to be, consider that the external pressures of the economy might be a contributing factor and don't spend too much time over analyzing things to the point of paralysis. There are many employees with a great deal of talent and desire to contribute and innovate, but we all spend too much time revising and planning for contingency.

Other Reviews for Darden

Generally Good Work Opportunity

Current Employee - Server  in  East Brunswick, NJ
    Current Employee - Server in East Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at Darden

Pros

1) Givin great training to start.
    2) Good managers really make a difference
    3) Easy to take time off
    4) Ability to make cash almost every day

Cons

1) Fast pace nature of the business can be too much for unseasoned managers and workers. The combination of the two can really make for an unpleasant night here and there.

2) Free rider problem exists among servers, some work harder than others, but guests and management can't differentiate who's who.

3) Tips can be random

Very good place to work

Current Employee - Hostess  in  Panama City, FL
    Current Employee - Hostess in Panama City, FL

I have been working at Darden

Pros

The co-workers and management are very nice.

Cons

I am not getting enough hours of work.

I have no advice.

There are newer employer reviews for Darden.

Worked for Darden? Contribute to the Community!