Darden

www.darden.com

It's unwise to WORK for any Restaurant that advertises "Unlimited" food. Especially for 2.13hr!

Server (Former Employee)

ProsDecent food. Many fun co-workers. Accomodating Shifts. Most of the Management team is good to work for. 2.13/hr plus tips usually works out to be better than minimum wage (average $10-12).

Employees get 50% off on meals.

ConsDarden advertises unlimited breadsticks, salad, yearly unlimited pasta bowl or unlimted Shrimp and Lobster. Restaurants that do this attract an element of society that typically expect something for nothing. That element also tips "nothing" or very little. And it's a package deal! That same element is combined with unsightly mannerisms, behaviors and often includes a corpulent physique barely able to fit into a booth. "Unlimited" means servers RUN their derriere's off for little or no tip - all the while enduring unpleasant demands of podgy, ill mannered masticators, speaking with partially chewed meals in their mouths, all while looking for any all means to maintain or increase their current girth for the smallest amount of money possible.

Some of the management treats servers like children. Although granted some servers behave like children. However, management speaking to employees condescendingly should be considered a form of harrassment.

Many lazy co-workers make it difficult for everyone. 20% of the employees do 80% much of the work. (occurs at All restaurants)

Employees pay for their own uniforms at 2.13/hour:-(
Employee's buy their own pens (and have them stolen by customers) for 2.13/hour:-(
Employee's pay for their own shoes at $70.00 and up for good ones:-(
No sick pay (so employees must come to work sick or not earn $:-(
No vacation pay unless over 30 hours weekly:-(

If a customer walks out without paying, the employee must pay OR be written up as a FINAL WARNING.

If an employee sets down their order book and it gets lost, the employee gets fired.

The insurance offered by Darden is TERRIBLE! 70% of restaurant workforce drinks, drinks heavily, does drugs or both and Darden does not offer any kind of psychiactric evaluation or intervention with their self-funded insurance....go figure!

Employees want to know how Darden got voted in the top100 places to work? We apparently didn't get asked to vote!

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect!

Work a way to help pay for uniforms, shoes and pens that are required to do the job.

Stop the all-you-can-eat madness for everyone's sake. It isn't good for people, it isn't good for your employees (all of them). It only attracts people who cannot control their appetites. It's no different than offering free gamling to people who are addicted, or drugs to people who are addicted. JUST STOP IT!
All you can eat offers are poor quality dishes anyhow!!

Offer $ rewards for employees who go above and beyond. Or, who do extra cleaning. Give your employees incentive of some kind! Make them want to do things for the company.

Your employees need decent break-rooms.
Figure out a way to give an employee who has served 4 hours consistently, a 10 minute break without beating up the rest of the service crew to give it to them. Your employees would perform better!

Buy pens for your servers. Help with the cost of their uniforms and shoes.

Rigor morrow. It was a job, and nothing more.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Darden

Pros: Well, as I understand, there's a great deal of promotion possible at Darden.… Cons: I was treated as an underling by people who weren't very smart. One of my bosses flaunted how she had a degree from Georgia… Advice to Senior Management: Don't stick to dogmatically to the status quo of the company. Manage your store within the context of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

alright job to start with but it's a dead end job with no pay raises

Every Position At Longhorn (Current Employee)

I have been working at Darden

Pros: only thing good is that they give ya time off… Cons: I work for longhorn under darden and I have been with the place for 3 years and have received a 5-star performance review, I have… Advice to Senior Management: Reward your employees!!!!, ensure that managers arn't following theory x… More
There are newer reviews on Darden.

Worked for Darden? Contribute to the Community!