Darden
www.darden.com Orlando, FL 5000+ Employees

Solid company, long hours, good people

Service Manager (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

ProsGood people for the most part. Excellent programs to help employees. Generous benefits after the first year to every full time employee, even hourly. Very high standards of food safety and quality.

ConsHourly employees are generally unhappy but they have it really good. Some GMs know their stuff, most are not good at their job. Darden goes to great lengths to make the manager jobs idiot-proof but some still can't cut it. Directors are the highest level anyone in operations will meet (after initial training). Training after the MIT program is roughly zero and don't ever think you can get to corporate from operations; won't happen. Good servers make more money than managers and get basically the same benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook to your own people for quality candidates before outside applicants.

JOB

Line Cook (Current Employee)
    Stillwater, OK

I have been working at Darden part-time for less than a year

Pros: We get no brakes at all! We are required to work long hours with no food breaks or regular breaks some… Cons: Its a good job pays well I just wish we… Advice to Senior Management: Give employees brakes! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Pleasant but could have been better

Server (Former Employee)
    Reading, PA

I worked at Darden part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Most of the people were great to work with were awesome. Most of… Cons: I worked there for 3 years. I was hired right after they changed the policy for vacation/anniversary pay and missed out on all 3… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Darden.

Worked for Darden? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Darden reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Darden CEO Clarence Otis Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Darden employees.