Darden
www.darden.com Orlando, FL 5000+ Employees

Customer service is Darden's highest priority sometimes that means you feel like the company's lowest priority.

Server (Current Employee)
Roseville, CA

ProsThey have flexible scheduling and they tend to hire people that are knowledgable, team-players that are great to work with. At my place of employment the staff loves to get together after work to hang out and have fun. Although you may have a different experience, I made a few really good friends there.

ConsAs a server you will be talked down to if up-selling doesn't meet their goals or you don't have enough customer satisfaction surveys filled out about your service. Although you may be doing these things if it doesn't show your in trouble. These are two big priorities there so be prepared to feel like a salesman.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe type of survey Darden gives guests are known to the the most inaccurate because it is optional for all the guests to take the survey and Darden gives an incentive to take them. Only extremely dissatisfied or happy guests, or customers wanting a prize or discount take them. All the generally happy customers don't bother applying but if Darden didn't have a large majority of generally happy customers they wouldn't have a large amount of repeat business would they?

Just another corporation

Server (Current Employee)
    Columbus, OH

I have been working at Darden part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: They do offer some benefits to non-salaried employees, which is hard to find for part time employment these days. They offer day 1 medical, dental,… Cons: Darden has been cutting employee perks for a long time. Everyone used to get paid vacation upon completion of your first year. They first cut… Advice to Senior Management: Start valuing your hourly employees again before you lose them… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

This company really does care about its employees

Hostess (Former Employee)
    Michigan City, IN

I worked at Darden part-time for more than a year

Pros: Great Training, decent management, hires the people best suited for… Cons: Usually too busy to get a meal break. Tile… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Darden.

Worked for Darden? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Darden reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Darden CEO Clarence Otis Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Darden employees.