Darden

www.darden.com
  www.darden.com
There are newer employer reviews for Darden

They are a great company to work for.

Former Employee - To-Go Specialist in McKinney, TX
Former Employee - To-Go Specialist in McKinney, TX

I worked at Darden full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Day 1 insurance, family oriented, keeps your skills sharp by continuing training

Cons

Taxes will eat your check

If an employee has worked for you for 5 years without any write-ups then the option for rehire should be a given.

792 Other Employee Reviews for Darden (View Most Recent)

Don't Believe the Server Training Pitch

Current Employee - Server in Baxter, MN
    Current Employee - Server in Baxter, MN

I have been working at Darden full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible Schedule, friendly guests, OK tips, but they could be so much better

Cons

Servers are expected to give excellent service to the guests while making their own salads, prepping and cooking their own breadsticks, stocking their side stations and bussing their own tables. Our store never has enough soup in the alley (calls for more soup are ignored), breadsticks made or the salad station prepped, but we are running the soup, salad and bread promo??? Just how am I supposed to give excellent service when I have nothing to bring to the table??? Will I have to wash dishes next? Cook the food to bring to my tables? This fiasco is not what I was told OG is all about. The training was just all talk.

Our Management Team is well aware of this problem and has done nothing to fix it which makes me think it is normal operating procedure. It would be so easy to fix but nothing is done. Unreal. If they were really interested in making a serious profit, they would address these basic issues.

Hostess positions are great for highschoolers looking to make good money and build a resume

Former Employee - Hostess in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Hostess in San Diego, CA

I worked at Darden part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Time flys by if you work the evening shifts. Good pay in San Diego. Easy to request days off. Easy to get shifts covered.

Cons

Really boring if you have to be the hostess from 2pm-5pm.

There are newer employer reviews for Darden