They are a great company to work for.

Former Employee - To-Go Specialist  in  McKinney, TX
Former Employee - To-Go Specialist in McKinney, TX

I worked at Darden full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Day 1 insurance, family oriented, keeps your skills sharp by continuing training

Cons

Taxes will eat your check

If an employee has worked for you for 5 years without any write-ups then the option for rehire should be a given.

Other Reviews for Darden

Don't Believe the Server Training Pitch

Current Employee - Server  in  Baxter, MN
    Current Employee - Server in Baxter, MN

I have been working at Darden full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible Schedule, friendly guests, OK tips, but they could be so much better

Cons

Servers are expected to give excellent service to the guests while making their own salads, prepping and cooking their own breadsticks, stocking their side stations and bussing their own tables. Our store never has enough soup in the alley (calls for more soup are ignored), breadsticks made or the salad station prepped, but we are running the soup, salad and bread promo??? Just how am I supposed to give excellent service when I have nothing to bring to the table??? Will I have to wash dishes next? Cook the food to bring to my tables? This fiasco is not what I was told OG is all about. The training was just all talk.

Our Management Team is well aware of this problem and has done nothing to fix it which makes me think it is normal operating procedure. It would be so easy to fix but nothing is done. Unreal. If they were really interested in making a serious profit, they would address these basic issues.

hosts can't get raises after reaching the highest max

Current Employee - Server/Host/to Go Specialist/Prep  in  Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Server/Host/to Go Specialist/Prep in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Darden part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I like workiing with others my age. I have liked most of the managers.It only takes me five minutes to get to work!

Cons

The biggest con is that there are no benefits. To qualify for benefits you must work 40 hrs or more. I constantly work 39 hrs./week but as a server you are not allowed to work 40 hours.

Don't let experience staff suffer due to new hires. When corporate gets complaints, don't take it out on me if I was not involved.

There are newer employer reviews for Darden.

Worked for Darden? Contribute to the Community!