Darden

www.darden.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Darden

Dependable always expect the same every day

Current Employee - Server in Christiana, DE
Current Employee - Server in Christiana, DE

I have been working at Darden full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

good benefits average pay dispute resolution not a lot of change clean enviroment harrasment free
flexible hours meal discounts

Cons

not a lot of growth in some regions others hire within for higher positions very status quo oriented ie diversity before skill

look within and seek the knowledge of those closest to the action (gee isn't that a principle)

856 Other Employee Reviews for Darden (View Most Recent)

Don't Believe the Server Training Pitch

Current Employee - Server in Baxter, MN
    Current Employee - Server in Baxter, MN

I have been working at Darden full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Schedule, friendly guests, OK tips, but they could be so much better

Cons

Servers are expected to give excellent service to the guests while making their own salads, prepping and cooking their own breadsticks, stocking their side stations and bussing their own tables. Our store never has enough soup in the alley (calls for more soup are ignored), breadsticks made or the salad station prepped, but we are running the soup, salad and bread promo??? Just how am I supposed to give excellent service when I have nothing to bring to the table??? Will I have to wash dishes next? Cook the food to bring to my tables? This fiasco is not what I was told OG is all about. The training was just all talk.

Our Management Team is well aware of this problem and has done nothing to fix it which makes me think it is normal operating procedure. It would be so easy to fix but nothing is done. Unreal. If they were really interested in making a serious profit, they would address these basic issues.

Started out great

Former Employee - Server/Host/to Go Specialist/Prep in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Server/Host/to Go Specialist/Prep in Aurora, CO

I worked at Darden full-time (more than a year)

Pros

In the beginning, it was awesome, but the new CEO killed any reason to enjoy working with Darden. The new policies cut my pay by up to 8 dollars per hour.

Cons

Everything since the new CEO took over.

Change your tip share policy

There are newer employer reviews for Darden