Darden

There are newer employer reviews for Darden

Nice Company

Current Employee - Server in Idaho Falls, ID
Current Employee - Server in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Darden full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management is professional and lets me do my job with minor micromanaging. As long as you keep to conduct everything goes fine. They are understanding when problems arise.

Cons

Only thing that sucks is the scheduling of too many servers to handle the 45 minute lunch rush where everybody is spread thin and make crap during lunches.

none.

789 Other Employee Reviews for Darden (View Most Recent)

Overall, my experience was good. I met some great people who will remain life-long friends.

Former Employee - Server in Champaign, IL
    Former Employee - Server in Champaign, IL

I worked at Darden part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very flexible scheduling, plenty of shifts to choose, and going home with cash. Darden is willing to cross-train employees in serving, hosting, bartending, and to-go positions.

Cons

There seemed to be no room for career advancement, unless one is willing to drive a great distance for training and relocate to manage a new restaurant. The turnover rate is high. Weekend days can be challenging due to hung-over servers not being at the top of their game.

hosts can't get raises after reaching the highest max

Current Employee - Server/Host/to Go Specialist/Prep in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Server/Host/to Go Specialist/Prep in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Darden part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I like workiing with others my age. I have liked most of the managers.It only takes me five minutes to get to work!

Cons

The biggest con is that there are no benefits. To qualify for benefits you must work 40 hrs or more. I constantly work 39 hrs./week but as a server you are not allowed to work 40 hours.

Don't let experience staff suffer due to new hires. When corporate gets complaints, don't take it out on me if I was not involved.

There are newer employer reviews for Darden