Darden
www.darden.com Orlando, FL 5000+ Employees

hosts can't get raises after reaching the highest max

Server/Host/to Go Specialist/Prep (Current Employee)
Wilmington, NC

ProsI like workiing with others my age. I have liked most of the managers.It only takes me five minutes to get to work!

ConsThe biggest con is that there are no benefits. To qualify for benefits you must work 40 hrs or more. I constantly work 39 hrs./week but as a server you are not allowed to work 40 hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let experience staff suffer due to new hires. When corporate gets complaints, don't take it out on me if I was not involved.

Started out great

Server/Host/to Go Specialist/Prep (Former Employee)
    Aurora, CO

I worked at Darden full-time for more than a year

Pros: In the beginning, it was awesome, but the new CEO killed any reason to enjoy… Cons: Everything since the new CEO took over. Advice to Senior Management: Change your tip share policy No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

What a mess

Host (Former Employee)
    Lawrenceville, NJ

I worked at Darden full-time for less than a year

Pros: They offer medical benefits. Pretty flexible when it comes to… Cons: You pay an arm and a leg for the medical benefits. Management isn't the best. Managers often… Advice to Senior Management: There should be a better review of the management team… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Darden.

Worked for Darden? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Darden reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Darden CEO Clarence Otis Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Darden employees.