Everything in the front of the house..

Current Employee - Server, Bartender, Host, Wine Host, Busser, Certified Trainer,  in  Meridian, MS
Current Employee - Server, Bartender, Host, Wine Host, Busser, Certified Trainer, in Meridian, MS

I have been working at Darden full-time for less than a year

Pros

They treat you like family and it is a great working enviroment...

Cons

No cons that i can think of..

Other Reviews for Darden

Good benefits and working conditions. But a big corp. and zero job security, one unhappy customer and you're done.

Former Employee - Bartender  in  Kennewick, WA
    Former Employee - Bartender in Kennewick, WA

I worked at Darden full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great money, short work week. Health benefits best I've seen in food service. Opportunities for advancement are good. A great environment to work, with nice people.

Cons

In corporate food service, you can never count on having a job, because an honest mistake, those we all make, can get a customer unhappy and that is all it takes to get you fired. I worked there 10 years, and made one drink mistake as a bartender that the waiter did not notice. A woman was served alcohol when she requested a virgin drink. She overreacted, got a lot free, and I was fired
    along with the waiter who also opened the restaurant with me 10 years ago.

A non-willful error is not cause for termination of a dedicated 10-year employee, head bartender, and trainer. No one is perfect, and this lack of loyalty to your team members is a source, the source of low morale, and is just plain unconsciounably wrong. Listen more to your team, not to rare whiny customers and lawyers, and you will enjoy a stronger workforce and loyal customers and staff.

Great Employees, Management is lost and confused due to improper experience/training

Current Employee - Line Cook  in  Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Line Cook in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at Darden part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hours, allowed 2 free sides while working, and free drinks

Cons

Training is almost nonexistent. I let all new cooks borrow my training book due to the failure of management to give the proper training materials and training curriculum. Extremely unprofessional work environment.

I could write a book about this topic, but i prefer not to be looked at as crazy.

There are newer employer reviews for Darden.

Worked for Darden? Contribute to the Community!