Darden
www.darden.com Orlando, FL 5000+ Employees

Great place to work. LOTS of options to take advantage of

Certified Trainer and Server (Former Employee)
Walker, MI

ProsCan buy stock cheap. Benefits in a restaurant available immediately. Marketing does its job. Great menu selections.

ConsManagement does not care if your a lifer or how well you do there for vacation time. You are given what you are given. They make it a short time solution as you are an "equal employee" to new recruits even if you've "paid your dues" and have excellent reviews as well as been there for 10+ years.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider that people that are your backbone (ie been there for 5+ years) do not have to be retrained, do not cause additional money, and know their job well, should get preferential treatment for time off requests and not have to have "100% availability" every week.

ugh!

Server (Current Employee)
    Chino, CA

I have been working at Darden part-time for more than a year

Pros: umm I love my co workers Cons: tips! way to much work for what you make! soup and salad… Advice to Senior Management: get along with the employees and we wont all find… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

You are one of thousands

General Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Darden full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great benefits with growth opportunity Cons: It's black and white-no matter how good you are, and innocent… Advice to Senior Management: Follow procedures to a T No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Darden.

Worked for Darden? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Darden reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Darden CEO Clarence Otis Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Darden employees.