There are newer employer reviews for Darden

good

I have been working at Darden

Pros

it is a good place to work

Cons

Working on the weekends yeah

735 Other Employee Reviews for Darden (View Most Recent)

Working for "the man"

Former Employee - Host
    Former Employee - Host

I worked at Darden full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-decent hourly rate as a host
    -thorough training program
    -looks good on resume for other food service jobs
    -i liked the food, not gonna lie
    -decent opportunities for promotion if you do well, which isn't terribly difficult

Cons

-corporate expectations and rules are ridiculous. IE: your not allowed to have your cell phone on the property and are subject to punishment if it is seen, even if it is turned off. this to me seems like a major safety risk in the case of certain types of emergencies.
    -3 table max limit for servers = no money.
    -you get fired by accumulating warnings for simple rule violations like forgetting to bring a tie or being 5 minutes late, yet you cannot be fired for being stupid or being horrible at your job. thusly, stupid under-performing employees accumulate while the good ones come and go on to better jobs quickly.
    -same applies to the managers. a sexist, condescending, and generally insulting GM with a bad attitude towards his employees worked there for years despite numerous complaints to corporate darden from the hourly employees while a good natured GM who inspired his employees to perform well on their job was let go because he didn't always stick to rigid corporate standards within the restaurant.
    -practicality and common sense is constantly tossed aside for the sake of doing things by the book
    -these characteristics are probably typical for many corporate owned restaurant chains but I challenge you to find them worse elsewhere than darden.

find a way to improve the connection and feedback between corporate level darden and their frontline employees

ugh!

Current Employee - Server  in  Chino, CA
    Current Employee - Server in Chino, CA

I have been working at Darden part-time for more than a year

Pros

umm I love my co workers

Cons

tips! way to much work for what you make! soup and salad refills! bread refills! drink refills! hardest restaurant to work for by far!

get along with the employees and we wont all find a way to quite! stop trying to weed people out!

There are newer employer reviews for Darden

Worked for Darden? Contribute to the Community!