There are newer employer reviews for Darden

It's great to be a manager, if yo don't have a family or value your personal time.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Darden full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay/benefits, pretty decent staff

Cons

Long hours; GM was very unprofessional;, reviews are unfair and very one-sided; very discouraging getting paid less for more work; bonus plan is absolutely ridiculous and almost impossible to achieve, especially in smaller markets; wore me down

Stop making everyday fel like the world is coming to an end; hire more managers to work less hours because believe it or not, more an can down when the work is stretched out among more people; create a bonus structure that's fair and makes sense; give clearer paths in order to advance

760 Other Employee Reviews for Darden (View Most Recent)

"The last serving job you will ever have..."

Current Employee - Server in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Server in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Darden full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I work at Seasons 52 which is a newer brand under the Darden Corp which boasts a sentiment about it being "the last serving job you will ever have", and, although it is an easy statement to mock due to its bold fallibility, I would say it is a pretty accurate statement. Darden has a tried, tested and true platform for providing a high level of customer service to every customer while offering a wealth of knowledge for those looking to gain experience and work their way up through management.

Cons

Like any company, there is a fair share of politics. However, if you have integrity, a strong work ethic and grasp the idea of personal accountability, this company is a good place to plant your feet in the hospitality market.

Spend some money on OUTSIDE training & development for management. There are WIDE gaps in management training when everyone in the company is trained on the same things. It would serve the company well to get fresh perspectives on how to manage teams more effectively and increasing the productivity in the workplace.

darden was the best experience I had

Former Employee - Server in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Server in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Darden part-time (more than an year)

Pros

very flexible with your schedule. they are there for you and want to help you out not only to benefit themselves but you as well.

Cons

drama drama drama. often it felt like i was back in high school but thats every job

stick to the rules