Darden

www.darden.com
  www.darden.com
There are newer employer reviews for Darden

aces in places but no aces

Current Employee - Line Cook in Erie, PA
Current Employee - Line Cook in Erie, PA

I have been working at Darden full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some good health insurance. Menu has diversity but going away from a steakhouse. Employees help one another. On your own here

Cons

No leadership. Managers in office or working on paperwork during peak hours. A VS T is bad it's our fault. Should be out with the guests to nullify problems. Can't find them

A smaller menu. Too many choices equal mistakes. Caesar and app salads should be placed on the square plates. Looks great and mounded up you use less product. In a bowl it looks flat and use more. Creativity is left to someone else. Come up with some culinary contest that employees can do.

791 Other Employee Reviews for Darden (View Most Recent)

Typical Corporate Restaurant

Former Employee - Line Cook in Columbia, MO
    Former Employee - Line Cook in Columbia, MO

I worked at Darden part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Rigid policies which has its benefits- schedule is done on time, pay is consistent (and above average)

Cons

Rigid policies which are at times cumbersome- hourly employees are not allowed shift meals but management is allowed. They make 3 or 4 times more money than we do and we have to pay for meals?

Management at my location was great

It's Okay

I have been working at Darden part-time

Pros

Great starting pay for hourly employees and potential to make great money as a tipped employee.

Cons

They do not promote within, instead they would rather hire someone from outside the company. The job is very demanding. It can be extremely stressful especially when the restaurant runs out of a lot of the items used in the popular dishes/drinks.

There are newer employer reviews for Darden