Best restaurant employee benefits Ive heard of.

Former Employee - Server  in  Saint Louis Park, MN
Former Employee - Server in Saint Louis Park, MN

I worked at Darden part-time for less than a year

Pros

Offer health, dental, and vision insurance, among other benefits, to all employees.

Cons

No real cons to speak of. They're a restaurant company, so depending on your position, you'll deal with the typical cons of restaurant work.

Other Reviews for Darden

Olive Garden

Current Employee - Hostess  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Hostess in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Darden full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Hours-My Manager knew that I was trying to help my husband provide for our son. So she gave me decent hours and pay..

Cons

Bad shifts-I had to work split shifts often, and Poor working conditions. We were told if we worked less than 8 hours and needed to sit, then we shouldn't have come to work at all and must not need a job...so the only time I'd sit was when I had to use the restroom, but she surely made time for smoke breaks!!

Lots of room for advancement, but some lower level managers need to respect employees more

Former Employee - Server/Bartender  in  North Brunswick, NJ
    Former Employee - Server/Bartender in North Brunswick, NJ

I worked at Darden part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Working with great people
    - Serving the best food the industry has to offer at a great value
    - Flexible Hours
    - Great room for advancement

My GM is one of the greatest guys/managers I have ever worked for. He has been a mentor and somewhat of a father to me throughout my time at Longhorn.

Cons

- Some of the lower level managers need to learn how to respect employees. I worked at Longhorn as a server/bartender for 5 years in total. Around my 3rd year there, a fairly new manager openly screamed at me in the middle of the dinning room in front of guests because I was 5 minutes late when in fact he looked at the wrong schedule and I was an hour early. Managers like this should be fired from the company immediately.

- The district manager of our region had absolutely no respect for the GM of our store and would openly berate him in front of other employees which I found to be completely un-professional. Especially when our GM was one of the best performing in the company.

Respect your peers and co-workers.

There are newer employer reviews for Darden.

Worked for Darden? Contribute to the Community!