There are newer employer reviews for Darden

Olive Garden

Current Employee - Hostess in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Hostess in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Darden full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good Hours-My Manager knew that I was trying to help my husband provide for our son. So she gave me decent hours and pay..

Cons

Bad shifts-I had to work split shifts often, and Poor working conditions. We were told if we worked less than 8 hours and needed to sit, then we shouldn't have come to work at all and must not need a job...so the only time I'd sit was when I had to use the restroom, but she surely made time for smoke breaks!!

reviews filtered by
  1. Lots of room for advancement, but some lower level managers need to respect employees more

Former Employee - Server/Bartender in North Brunswick, NJ
    Former Employee - Server/Bartender in North Brunswick, NJ

I worked at Darden part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Working with great people
    - Serving the best food the industry has to offer at a great value
    - Flexible Hours
    - Great room for advancement

My GM is one of the greatest guys/managers I have ever worked for. He has been a mentor and somewhat of a father to me throughout my time at Longhorn.

Cons

- Some of the lower level managers need to learn how to respect employees. I worked at Longhorn as a server/bartender for 5 years in total. Around my 3rd year there, a fairly new manager openly screamed at me in the middle of the dinning room in front of guests because I was 5 minutes late when in fact he looked at the wrong schedule and I was an hour early. Managers like this should be fired from the company immediately.

- The district manager of our region had absolutely no respect for the GM of our store and would openly berate him in front of other employees which I found to be completely un-professional. Especially when our GM was one of the best performing in the company.

Respect your peers and co-workers.

2. it was a nice establishment to work for

I worked at Darden

Pros

everyone was very nice, respectful and helpful.

Cons

I was only a hostess and worked there for a short period of time.

There are newer employer reviews for Darden