Darden

There are newer employer reviews for Darden

Bad take over

Current Employee - Server in McDonough, GA
Current Employee - Server in McDonough, GA

I have been working at Darden full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Easy to swap shifts, give up, pick up.

Cons

Everything changed when Darden bought out rare for Longhorn. Was once a good company with good values, I once was proud to work there.

Stop lowering the quality of the food and charging higher prices!

792 Other Employee Reviews for Darden (View Most Recent)

Too much work too little pay.

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Darden full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great training, good benefits. Company has great values also.

Cons

Want you to work 70 hrs for too little money. Expect you to have a college degree but only make around 50 k a year. Worked there for a total of 3 months as manager toward the end I became highly allergic to something, even after I made my upper management aware they still continued to have me prep there meat and high end products. Being management for darden is like being a underpaid overwork regular employee. Also throughout the interview process I was told it was relatively easy to move up. Upon starting I found that all other managers that had been at my specific store under the general manager had been in the same position for years.

This company has such strong values it needs to be watched. The training in Florida was amazing if those values were upheld thru longhorn the company would have been great to work for.

aces in places but no aces

Current Employee - Line Cook in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Line Cook in Erie, PA

I have been working at Darden full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some good health insurance. Menu has diversity but going away from a steakhouse. Employees help one another. On your own here

Cons

No leadership. Managers in office or working on paperwork during peak hours. A VS T is bad it's our fault. Should be out with the guests to nullify problems. Can't find them

A smaller menu. Too many choices equal mistakes. Caesar and app salads should be placed on the square plates. Looks great and mounded up you use less product. In a bowl it looks flat and use more. Creativity is left to someone else. Come up with some culinary contest that employees can do.

There are newer employer reviews for Darden