Darden

Olive Garden Server review

Former Employee - Server in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Server in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Darden

Pros

Coworkers were the main reason you stay here at Darden (my case is Olive Garden). Pay varies from night to night, you could make $200 one Saturday night, then make only $40 the next. Half off of food during your shift is a bonus. Overall friendly, non-competitive work environment between co-workers.

Cons

Incompetent management made working here difficult. Over my two year stay at my location, I had 9 different managers.

Work on new training videos & programs. Teach comprehensive product knowledge rather than rushing through each item.

792 Other Employee Reviews for Darden (View Most Recent)

It's a good company with a lot of opportunity

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I worked at Darden

Pros

The company is huge and you can go wherever you want to go. The Principles and Values of the company are great. It's a very successful company and job security is fantastic as long as you do what you're supposed to, and they make it pretty easy for you to know what they want. Training is pretty decent.

Cons

The principles and values are major at the corporate level, but are not always lived at the restaurant level. The senior management is great, but you can't always get as much time with them as you'd like.

Make stronger hiring decisions on all levels to bring on team members who will live the principles that you both believe in.

Olive Garden

Former Employee - Server in Burleson, TX
    Former Employee - Server in Burleson, TX

I worked at Darden

Pros

Flexible Schedule.
    I like the type of customers that come in and how the restaurant is family oriented

Cons

Not that many opportunities for advancement if you start out as a server it takes a very long time to get to management.

Give the leaders more opportunities for advancement

There are newer employer reviews for Darden