Darden

ProsFlexibility hours/ scheduling
Consistent Guest Counts
Good communication with managers
Company has established Brands
Ability to transfer to different locations
Generally the company follows good fairness practices

ConsSince Darden is a large corporation a there are not a lot of the benefits that you would receive from a family own restaurant like free meals on a shift, or the ability to influence decisions making processes. Also the company heavy advertisement of all you can eat specials often draws glutinous guest who are seeking deals and leave small tips.
At the Olive Garden you are only allowed a three table section. This normally works fine at night but is very problematic during the day when check averages are significantly smaller.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow Olive Garden servers to be able to take larger sections during the days. A four or five table section would allow day server to make as much money as those who work nights. You would have a greater number of server willing to work day shifts and the labor costs would be reduced. Darden's strong emphasis on team work would absorb the added stress that a larger sections and still allow for the excellent service that the company strives for.

Bartender

Bartender (Former Employee) Miami, FL

I worked at Darden

Pros: Great money! I would work 10 hours between 2 days and make about $350 making that about $700 every… Cons: The constant dealing with people who may be in a bad mood and you… Advice to Senior Management: MY advice is to leave your personal problems and attitudes… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

at best it is a foothold to a better position at another restraunt

Server (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

I worked at Darden

Pros: This job can be a resume builder if you want to work at nicer restraunts some day. … Cons: The hosts were often poorly trained. They would frequesntly… Advice to Senior Management: Hire extra help to assist serving positions (like traying… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Darden.

Worked for Darden? Contribute to the Community!