There are newer employer reviews for Darigold

Great Place to Work and Grow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Darigold full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I usually don't post comments on websites like this but based on some of the recent Glassdoor comments made by departing employees, I thought it would be a good idea to give a "real" inside view from someone that is really inside the glassdoor of Darigold.

+ Competetive Pay
+ Good Benefits
+ Technical employees (non-managment) can earn performance bonuses
+ High performers are rewarded for being high performers
+ IT tends to stay current with technology (Smartphones, Leased Computers, etc)
+ Best Matching 401K I've Seen
+ Free Parking (which is rare in Seattle)
+ Orca Pass
+ Very Convenient to I-90
+ Lots of diverse IT Projects and IT Technical Support Opportunities
+ Lot's of Cross Training on different Applications
+ Management tends to promote from within IT.
+ Current management listens to employees
+ Most of the IT Leadership Team is very technical and supportive. They coach from experience.
+ Most of my co-workers are very supportive of the CO-OP mission and are fun to work with
+ The CO-OP Based Culture is much more rewarding than a Publically traded company
+ The Board Members and Owners actually roam the halls and are both friendly and supportive.
+ Core Purpose, Vision and Values are conservative. They are posted everywhere in the building:
   (Customer Focus, Leading Change, Teamwork, Integrity, and Honest Communication)

Cons

- Headquarters does NOT have a full service cafeteria. I spend to much eating out at good local eats
- Sometimes management takes a long time to weed out the lower performing employees

I've worked at Darigold for over 5 years and all the recent management and employee changes have been great for the company and internal morale. Continue to be courageous and please keep weeding out the under-performers....even if they post inaccurate and spiteful comments on Glassdoor after they leave the company. Our work environment here is much better off after they leave the company.

60 Other Employee Reviews for Darigold (View Most Recent)

combative, aggressive and hostile at PLANT level...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Darigold full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

good pay, decent beni's.
    its a job at this point.

Cons

*HR is a total joke and nightmare.
    *No good faith in the compay.
    *Company wastes a lot of money by wrongfully firing people and trying to screw employee's over constantly.
    *Combative, hostal, verbally aggressive shift supervisors. lots of tension between employee's and plant management. I've seen it progress to nearly becoming physical.
    *Favoritism runs rampant along with selective punishment. but if your friends with the asst. plant mgr or certain supervisors then your "safe" and need not worry about attendace points or being on time.
    *No morale.
    *Safety only a concern after it becomes a issue.
    *to much more to mention it all.

*Darigold could be one of the best companies to work for in Wa. but sadly it never will be...darigold has got to replace all plant supervisors and get people in there that know what their doing and how to manage a team of great workers.

*DariGold is DariGolds own downfall.*

Downright Terrible

Former Employee - Customer Service in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Seattle, WA

I worked at Darigold full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free milk, low cost butter, 401k

Cons

Management and employees are terrible. We have to log out to the minute when to take a break and when we go to lunch. Talk about micromanaging! Lots of turnover and it very clique-y, male dominated, and people who stay but really should go. No soul and walking zombies.

Remove bad managers. Have courage!

There are newer employer reviews for Darigold