Great Place to Work and Grow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Darigold full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I usually don't post comments on websites like this but based on some of the recent Glassdoor comments made by departing employees, I thought it would be a good idea to give a "real" inside view from someone that is really inside the glassdoor of Darigold. + Competetive Pay + Good Benefits + Technical employees (non-managment) can earn performance bonuses + High performers are rewarded for being high performers + IT tends to stay current with technology (Smartphones, Leased Computers, etc) + Best Matching 401K I've Seen + Free Parking (which is rare in Seattle) + Orca Pass + Very Convenient to I-90 + Lots of diverse IT Projects and IT Technical Support Opportunities + Lot's of Cross Training on different Applications + Management tends to promote from within IT. + Current management listens to employees + Most of the IT Leadership Team is very technical and supportive. They coach from experience. + Most of my co-workers are very supportive of the CO-OP mission and are fun to work with + The CO-OP Based Culture is much more rewarding than a Publically traded company + The Board Members and Owners actually roam the halls and are both friendly and supportive. + Core Purpose, Vision and Values are conservative. They are posted everywhere in the building: (Customer Focus, Leading Change, Teamwork, Integrity, and Honest Communication)

Cons

- Headquarters does NOT have a full service cafeteria. I spend to much eating out at good local eats - Sometimes management takes a long time to weed out the lower performing employees -

Advice to Management

I've worked at Darigold for over 5 years and all the recent management and employee changes have been great for the company and internal morale. Continue to be courageous and please keep weeding out the under-performers....even if they post inaccurate and spiteful comments on Glassdoor after they leave the company. Our work environment here is much better off after they leave the company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Downright Terrible

Former Employee - Customer Service in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Seattle, WA

I worked at Darigold full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free milk, low cost butter, 401k

Cons

Management and employees are terrible. We have to log out to the minute when to take a break and when we go to lunch. Talk about micromanaging! Lots of turnover and it very clique-y, male dominated, and people who stay but really should go. No soul and walking zombies.

Advice to Management

Remove bad managers. Have courage!

Great Company / Great Culture

Current Employee - Information Technology in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Darigold full-time

Pros

Darigold is a very strong company financially and culturally. There is a lot of excitement and positive energy about the future and a strong focus on a continuous improvement culture and in ensuring the right people are in key roles at all levels. The leadership team provides growth opportunities and reward for hard work and integrity. Strong emphasis and investment in technology, systems, and controls in all areas of the company. Leadership does a good job of prioritizing projects and directing funds to maximize ROI. There are some really good projects and improvements in the pipeline in support of company growth plans for the next 3 to 5 years. Excellent benefits and competetive salary Best 401K plan I have ever had. Nice internal gym with onsite showers.

Cons

Lunchroom is nice and well equipped (good coffee) but no cafeteria or food services otherwise.

Advice to Management

Keep on rewarding hard work and high integrity. Culture has been heading in the right direction over the past couple of years. Keep it going!