There are newer employer reviews for Darigold

Now That I'm Gone - Darigold Looks Even Worse

Former Employee - Chief Financial Officer Group of Employees in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Chief Financial Officer Group of Employees in Seattle, WA

I worked at Darigold full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Can't think of many. It is a very cool office building but it is my understanding it was the last management team that made the decision. Can't see this group of management or the board of directors agreeing to something this nice ever again. I sure hope the lease is very long for the remaining and future employees. It is in a very bad neighborhood.

Cons

Culture, culture, culture. We actually had meetings about how some posts on Glassdoor were bad for the company and employees were encouraged to write positive comments on the website. It is rumored that many of the very positive posts about Darigold were written by the higher ups in IT.

Advice to Management

I've been gone from the company for about 4 months and looking back I tried to make the best of Darigold but I was lying to myself. It is DEFINITELY the WORST place I've ever worked. I worked in the CFO's group (Finance/IT/Treasury) and it was the most juvenile environment you can ever image. The leader of IT is a yes man. The new leader of Finance tells the CFO everything and is willing to do anything to impress him. The CFO knows the words to say but his actions are he wants to be loved. Avoids conflict and allows peers and his team to functions very poorly. The group is what I image the work environment to be for my grandfather but worse in that there is a lot of words of how they are developing employees and improving the profitability of the company but there is no intention to accomplish this. Now that I'm away all I can say is you make my current work environment look AWESOME. Must give some thanks for that as I will always have Darigold as a reference of how bad it can be and be thankful for my current job.

reviews filtered by

Dari but not Gold

Current Employee - Manufacturing in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Manufacturing in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Darigold full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Beni, good 401K plan and match , Pay

Cons

HR from hell. Combative. Not Trust. No Team work. Always watching your back. No reword for hard work or going above and beyond. Rarely see management at night. Sad Culture no one trust the new management. Talk about micromanagement

Advice to Management

Develop management systems. Encourage working smarter not harder. Review roles and responsibilities of HR and make sure they represent the employees and not only upper management. Be fair and honest not on the surface but in your actions. Too much lip service and very few follow up.

Milk doesn't always do a body good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Darigold full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good 401K. Ability to work at my own pace and make my own schedule. Little to no micro managing. Free parking and bus passes.

Cons

There isn't much room for growth and if there is, it's a very slow process. People are nice but on the surface. I don't know anyone in the building that is actually friends outside of work - just not a very fun environment. People don't work cross functionally and there are a lot of silos. It's a mans world so good luck getting promoted if you are a woman....I don't think there are any women VPs and very few women managers. It's not horrible ...it looks good on a resume but it's not a place to stay long term if you are young.

Advice to Management

Realize this isn't 1980 and start making some changes to engage people of the future.

There are newer employer reviews for Darigold