Darigold

www.darigold.com
There are newer employer reviews for Darigold

This place needs a reality TV show following everyone around. It would be a hit show!!! Rainier Ave Plant and Corp.

Former Employee - N/A in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - N/A in Seattle, WA

I worked at Darigold full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

If you need to support a family with competitive wages and benefits this is a good place. The positive "buck" stops there. No more positives I can really think of and I gave it some thought........ :(

Cons

There are too many to list but I will try a few in short manner. (PLANT LEVEL)There is no balance on workload day shift vs night shift. There is harasment from supervisors, managers, drivers, mechanics, machinist, and co-workers running rampant. Favortism plus other factors create a hostile enviroment. You spend all your time here and if you can't handle a harsh fast paced enviroment......well it will break you in one way or another. (CORP LEVEL) They spend company money and waiste company time. Just like Pappy O'Daniel in "O Brother Where Art Thou?" There is some major poloticin' going on. If you are white this place is right. If you are a minority, go join another majority. I could go on and on but who wants to read a novel? :)

Advice to management is to stand what what you believe in without money and bigotry playing the major factor. There is need for an overhaul from top to bottom. Biggest private company in Washington state making massive money but claims there is no profit. Hire more people who have not been to the penitentiary. Bachelors degree required for anyone above plant worker level. That way undereducated leaders don't need the staff below them to do their job for them.

67 Other Employee Reviews for Darigold (View Most Recent)

Leadership is an action, not a position…

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Darigold full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

-Good people who care about the farmer, their families and the community
    -Great Cooperative - happy cows, fresh milk, locally owned and operated
    -Good Benefits
    -No accountability - Easily hide under the blanket of chaos and confusion
    -Build your own empire! See the SW corner of the building for more information
    -Get promoted quickly by being politically savvy and sneaky

Cons

-Dysfunctional Executive Team - it's incredibly evident to all
    -Inconsistent communication between departments
    -No vision, strategy or formal business planning
    -Disrespectful behavior is applauded as being assertive
    -No accountability - extremely apparent in certain non-transparent areas of the business
    -Very few corporate managers really know and understand the core business, dairy!
    -No mentorship programs

It's time to wake-up and smell the cow manure. You succeeded in driving out what you thought was the "cancer" in the organization, yet your problems continue to metastasize. Please do not waste anymore time. Appreciate the "real" Darigold employees who know the business and what it takes to run a profitable business. The farmers need loyal, experienced, hard-working dairymen not dairy divas. Go back to what worked which was focusing on running a profitable business versus deciding who to run out of your business to make it profitable.

Darigolds answer to fix anything including quality issues is to throw another manager in the mix

Current Employee - All in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - All in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Darigold full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Pay is great and the union protects even the laziest workers

Cons

Top heavy in every department
    Quality manager knows nothing about the process and doesnt seem to care
    No one knows our plant manager and he's been here for quite a while
    We have so many managers and they don't enforce any policies whatsoever
    Morale is so low people make sure the quality of product is great but they take a very long time in doing so
    Supplies needed are never ordered and aren't a priority
    Favoritism is shown here and union rules aren't applied
    Management starts gossip rumors and talks about other managers and employees to anyone

Get rid of some.we ram just fine with four supervisors.we don't need a manager for every specific thing if everyone is required to do their job

There are newer employer reviews for Darigold