Darigold

There are newer employer reviews for Darigold

Dari fools gold

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Darigold full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The plant level day to day is okay. Most get along with each other as far as production workers go. They for the most part all know and do their job well when left alone by management depending on the plant in question.

Cons

Corporate management the top level is absolutely clueless on how to run any business let alone one that is attempting to maximize profitability. The corporate office is total chaos and that seems to be business as usual and the preferred way of running things. Shooting from the hip and adding layers of management is the other. One issue of adding layers of management is they have hired people clearly not qualified to perform that job. Then when they create another layer because the plan isn't working and is "needed" they default promote the first unqualified person and backfill with someone as unqualified.

Let the people at the plant levels do what they do best. Run the plants. Employees at the plant level for the most part, there are a few bad apples everywhere, know what to do and what is expected of them on a daily basis and do exactly that.
The amount of money spent creating unnecessary positions at the corporate level the past few years with nothing to show for it is taking from the farmers and leaves them crying poor when raises and bonus's are to be given to the people actually responsible for putting product on the shelves. I honestly can't see how the farmers can possibly tolerate too much longer but it seems the slick talk hasn't worn thin just yet.
I would also say like Yelp, it is fairly obvious that any positive review is an inside job. I can't prove it but like a restaurant review, when there is one raving review for every ten horrible reviews it says something.

69 Other Employee Reviews for Darigold (View Most Recent)

Stay away

Former Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Darigold full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Hard to find any pros

Cons

Stay away. You will not find a company that is as dysfunctional as Darigold.

Stic to your promise and work on the culture

Darigolds answer to fix anything including quality issues is to throw another manager in the mix

Current Employee - All in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - All in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Darigold full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Pay is great and the union protects even the laziest workers

Cons

Top heavy in every department
    Quality manager knows nothing about the process and doesnt seem to care
    No one knows our plant manager and he's been here for quite a while
    We have so many managers and they don't enforce any policies whatsoever
    Morale is so low people make sure the quality of product is great but they take a very long time in doing so
    Supplies needed are never ordered and aren't a priority
    Favoritism is shown here and union rules aren't applied
    Management starts gossip rumors and talks about other managers and employees to anyone

Get rid of some.we ram just fine with four supervisors.we don't need a manager for every specific thing if everyone is required to do their job

There are newer employer reviews for Darigold