Darling International

www.darlingii.com

Poor Management and Communication for a Public Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company has been in existence for a long time, and is in an industry that will continue to be necessary. Many of the headquarters staff are good to work with. The company is successful at what it does.

ConsManagers are rewarding employees who do minimal or marginal work. Communication is overkill for some things and nonexistent for others. The HR polices are not being handled consistently among employees - much favoritism. Benefits are poor compared to other large companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain the managers on basic management techniques, such as coaching, communication, delegation, discipline, improving morale, etc. Improve benefits to match other public companies.

Very hard work and underpaid and appreciated

I have been working at Darling International

Pros: They are union which offers some assistance to keeping the management on a level field. They also offer… Cons: Poor management, no communication, all about the numbers. It's growing too fast and… Advice to Senior Management: Get back to the basics and forget about the numbers. Communicate better with the employees and be more… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great for the first few years...terrible the last few years...

Office (Current Employee)

I have been working at Darling International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Benefits are great, pay is better than most other places… Cons: Lots of captains sinking the ship. They put unqualified people in management positions and turn their eye when they screw up. If you… Advice to Senior Management: Really look at who you choose to run the show and make changes as… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Darling International.

Worked for Darling International? Contribute to the Community!