Darling International

www.darlingii.com

Good pay, Excellent 401(k) & Profit Sharing, Outstanding Insurance

Foreman (Current Employee)

ProsThe company keeps growing, especially after buying Griffin. The work seems to keep increasing at all plants, this translates into a very steady job. The pay is really good, especially for low skill positions. They match retirement contributions and have profit sharing. The health insurance has become outstanding.

ConsThe work is very physical with long hours and harsh environments; hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It can be a dirty and smelly environment. Also, management has earned a bad reputation as being non-responsive, defensive and malicious. In fairness, I see that changing incrementally.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to change the rendering and recycling culture from monarchical leadership toward teamwork and inclusion; your people can really help you achieve your goals.

Poor Management and Communication for a Public Company

(Former Employee)

I worked at Darling International

Pros: The company has been in existence for a long time, and is in an industry that will continue to be… Cons: Managers are rewarding employees who do minimal or marginal work. Communication is overkill for some things and nonexistent for others. … Advice to Senior Management: Train the managers on basic management techniques, such as coaching, communication, delegation,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Very hard work and underpaid and appreciated

I have been working at Darling International

Pros: They are union which offers some assistance to keeping the management on a level field. They also offer… Cons: Poor management, no communication, all about the numbers. It's growing too fast and… Advice to Senior Management: Get back to the basics and forget about the numbers. Communicate better with the employees and be more… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Darling International.

Worked for Darling International? Contribute to the Community!