Dartmouth-Hitchcock Alliance

www.neahllc.org

DHMC- a great place to work, with some caveats.

Preoperative Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Lebanon, NH

ProsSome of the best reasons to work for DHMC are its shared governance, benefits package (especially for loan repayment and forgiveness), culture of mutual respect, opportunities to learn and grow professionally, and management's willingness to work with employees to effect real change for the betterment of our patients and our lives. Additionally, DHMC provides free parking, free shuttle service to the ample parking and, because it is such a huge employer in the area, a large percentage of our local merchants offer great discounts to employees.

ConsA few of the downsides are as follows: DHMC is NOT a latex-safe environment (something of great importance not only for those working at the hospital, but for our patients as well); DHMC is in a fairly remote area so a one-hour drive is required if one wants to set foot in a "real" city; merit-based raises- while great in theory- in practice can be punishing on those who are new to the hospital or those who don't make big names for themselves by making big waves at work.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of spending gobs of money on travellers (specifically nurses and surgical techs, those with whom I have the most contact), DHMC would be able to draw more (less expensive) permanent staff to the area by offering higher pay.

Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, a give and take employer.

RN, Staff Nurse (Current Employee) Lebanon, NH

I have been working at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Alliance

Pros: Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital part of the DHMC alliance in Lebanon NH is a hospital with magnet recognition. The nurse residency program for new… Cons: The Salary could be more competitive. There is no paid maternity leave (even though it is a medical center) you must use your short… Advice to Senior Management: The benefits and salary packages need to be reviewed!!! … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good employer in a friendly location

Information Systems (Current Employee) Lebanon, NH

I have been working at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Alliance

Pros: Very nice sized organization within a rural atmosphere. Compensation… Cons: Upward mobility is limited. Disconnect between local and upper… Advice to Senior Management: Perceived lack of control or understanding on budget shortcomming and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Dartmouth-Hitchcock Alliance.

Worked for Dartmouth-Hitchcock Alliance? Contribute to the Community!