Teaching Assistant at Dartmouth College

Former Employee - Teaching Assistant  in  Hanover, NH
Former Employee - Teaching Assistant in Hanover, NH

I worked at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Salary, good community and benefits

Cons

Location, cold weather, nothing much to do

Other Reviews for Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center

DH has a great work culture!

Current Employee - Appointment Secretary  in  Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Appointment Secretary in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

I work at Dartmouth-Hitchcock in Nashua and I cannot say enough about this organization! The community and work culture here is exceptional. Friendly faces in every office and great communication. I enjoy reading our Weekly Reader. It keeps us all up to date on each other's department and what is going on at the headquarters. Employees are thorough in their work and I feel as if we always have each other's backs. Employees are rewarded for their hard work with WOW awards. I think this pushes employees to work hard. Also, patient satisfaction and patient-centered care is VERY important here. I believe this is the way every healthcare facility should be operated and I am appreciative that DH is patient-centered. There is definitely a "Culture of Caring" here are DH.

Also, we have a BRAND NEW building and it's beautiful. Plus, the hours here are very convenient.

Cons

After your yearly review, there is no monetary raise. You have to wait until the annual raise that is distributed throughout the entire organization. The annual percentage does not reflect the cost of living.

I think we should try to promote more from within the organization.

Great reputation, but suffering and in decline

Current Employee - Staff Nurse  in  Lebanon, NH
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Lebanon, NH

I have been working at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great reputation, had some excellent managers who were lost or retired in large corporate restructuring

Cons

Problems typical of a large company suffering from "entrenched success". Employees are not seen as assets to protect and nurture. Management layoff in 2011-2012 decimated the HR hiring and recruiting function.

Fix HR; actively recruit nurses with MSNs.

There are newer employer reviews for Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.

Worked for Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!