Dassault Falcon Jet

It's okay.

Former Employee - Designer  in  Little Rock, AR
Former Employee - Designer in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Dassault Falcon Jet

Pros

One of the very few options locally for Aviation/Engineering that pays well for the area.
Possibilties for cross training exists as often engineering is slightly undermanned.

Cons

French management sometimes suffers from a culture barrier making it difficult for them to understand how American workers' values and goals differ from that of French workers.

A stronger value should be placed upon keeping and rewarding loyal and experienced employees that are asked to work beyond thier "title" or "rank".

33 Other Employee Reviews for Dassault Falcon Jet (View Most Recent)

Not treated with the respect I deserved, low skill job

Former Employee - Design Engineer  in  Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Design Engineer in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Dassault Falcon Jet

Pros

Easy work and relatively consistent, easy money. Drawing boxes in Catia.

Cons

Management is completely out of touch with what is happening.
    Favoritism is rampant, You need to be part of the club to moved up to leadership positions
    I've heard that the engineering department was "cleaned up" so maybe it is better now.

None, they know what they should do to improve, they have just ignored the feedback. At least when I was there, I have heard that there have been some changes.

Not a good place for an engineer to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Dassault Falcon Jet

Pros

The benefits package is outstanding (at least until that becomes taxable income). While the pay is well below the industry average, it is closer to the average for Little Rock. But the health care is the best plan of any company that I have worked for.

Cons

Job advancement opportunities for Americans are extremely limited. In order to advance in the company (or to have anyone in management listen to you) you must be French (French Canadian doesn't count, sorry guys). The management stupidly forces a production line process in every aspect of the job...we build CUSTOM aircraft!!! EVERY jet is different. an assembly line mentality is suicidal! Stop the insanity!!!

EVERY issue that comes up is called an "Engineering error". If they mess up the paint job on the plane - engineering error. If the cabinet shop cuts a cabinet in half by mistake - engineering error. If the installers put the cabinet in backward - engineering error. It is a joke. How can I put in a true effort into my job if there is no accountability downstream, and any error (even ones that I pointed out) are pinned on me.

"Engineered with passion" - HA!!!
    "Crafted with pride" - Nope...
    "slapped together by the lowest bidder without regard to quality" - now THAT is the Falcon way...

Not necessary. The French management thinks all Americans are idiots, and therefore there is nothing we can say. It would not surprise me to see them shut down the engineering office in Little Rock in the next 3 years. I honestly thing that is the goal of the engineering management; shut down the LR engineering department and move it back to France. Therefore they will not even try to improve things.

There are newer employer reviews for Dassault Falcon Jet

Worked for Dassault Falcon Jet? Contribute to the Community!